Discussion Google revamps the Android TV UI, names it Google TV

Nilu334

Contributor
Reaction score
Android tv now..Google tv...

Green Pixel 5 leaks w/ new look at Chromecast Google TV UI - 9to5Google
WLjNySc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Much needed refresh to Android TV platform. It remains to be seen if this interface is exclusive to Google New device or all Android TVs

Google is giving the Android TV interface a much-needed redesign. The latest update will give users a taste of the new Google TV UI that currently resides only on the new Chromecast.

The company announced today that Android TV devices, including set-top boxes and television sets, will be updated with three new tabs: Home, Discover, and Apps. You’ll see all three on the top of your screens when you switch on your Android TV devices.

The new Android TV update will start rolling out today on devices in the US, Australia, Canada, Germany, and France. Google says the rollout will extend to more countries in the coming weeks.

Android TV's latest update will make it a lot more like the new Google TV

We’re taking our first step in delivering family features on Google TV with the introduction of kids profiles. Setting up a profile for each of your kids is easy: You can add an existing Google account for a child or create a new profile with just their name and age.

Google TV for everyone in the family

Coming soon to Google TV: support for multiple user profiles that let anyone in the home set up their own personalized space with their Google Account; and at-a-glance information “cards” based on your profile that appear on the TV when it’s turned on but not in use.

Google TV will let you create up to 12 profiles per connected-TV device. With individual profiles, users will get their own TV and movie recommendations (based on your TV viewing history) and watchlists. Google TV also will support kids’ profiles that can be managed by a parent or guardian. The Google TV profiles are also linked to your account’s Google Assistant, letting you ask for recommendations by saying, “What should I watch?” or pulling up your calendar by saying “Show me my day.”

Google TV already lets you set your TV to scroll through Google Photos when the set is idle. With the ambient-mode cards, you can configure it to display information like sports scores, weather and news based on your profile. The feature also provides on-screen shortcuts to let you launch photos or start playing music and podcasts with one click.

Android home app UI for Mi TV updated to have features similar to Google TV UI. Discover tab currently supports suggestions from Prime video, Disney+ Hotstar, Apple TV and MX player TV. Hopefully all other major OTT platform support will be added eventually.
wwuwuHE.jpg

FZhUjWU.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock