Google TV app News & Updates

OnlyTech

OnlyTech bot
Reaction score
Google launched the Play Movies & TV app in 2012 that allows users to access movies and TV shows purchased or rented via the Google Play Store. In October 2020, alongside the launch of the new Chromecast...

Read full article: Google Play Movies & TV app is now Google TV

This thread is for the general discussion of the article. Please add to the discussion here.

Thread is open for discussion

This was much needed. No one atleast in India took Play Movies seriously. This is the very first app I disable on any phone. Back in the early days when streaming services didn't existed in India. There was a premium audience paying ₹1000s on DVD and Blu-ray sets. If you don't believe me. Go watch reviews on e-commerce platforms. Amazon.in didn't have everything. Those tv series lover went even to Amazon.com to buy stuff. It sure wasn't cheap. Some series like Friends cost ₹10000. Some only season cost ₹4000 - ₹5000. It's sad that we didn't got TV series for renting when we needed the most. RIP Play Movies. You won't be missed.

Renaming not enough, Shut down is good bcoz no one can rent/buy in these streaming days.

vBuA7uraAGFdoWOJzUTl8k-RDVLGMTf_sf6haefuaXVS_mKHEO39hlqMYa9NDdMvN9IGPxYWLaF4gyg184TUZzmUgKbJxfp4fd5jbW1co51dxCUPvry4xPjJ_TYSaZoqoT8YJpKef8ocUAZ5Srj2Q165LCB-EsYhf4omfJjSz11WGpz2awl1kTmE-PKGWm4HaHs=s0-d-e1-ft
The Play Movies & TV app on Android is now Google TV
bxhuc0w.jpg

Got mail today

Not yet in India
They told,it will be updated in few weeks.

Here’s what to expect
Over the next few weeks, the Play Movies & TV app on Android mobile devices will update to the new Google TV app. With Google TV, you'll see a new overall look, including a new app icon, logo, and name, but your favorite features aren’t going anywhere. You’ll also find your previously purchased entertainment in your Library tab.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock