Google Pixel 6 Series - News & Updates

Prithi Deb

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Google is working with Samsung to develop a chipset that could power Pixel phones as soon as next year. The new processor is designed by Google and will be manufactured on Samsung’s 5nm process.

If accurate, Google’s move would replicate iPhone maker Apple’s example, which designed its own A-Series chips for a number of years. Another major rival in the smartphone space, Huawei, also develops its own chipsets through semiconductor subsidiary HiSilicon.

Google Pixel 6 could ditch Qualcomm silicon in favor of an in-house chipset

Whatever Google does, its success in the smartphone business will be limited. People just don't buy Google-branded phones at that premium price.

Whatever Google does, its success in the smartphone business will be limited. People just don't buy Google-branded phones at that premium price.
But the pixel 4 costs less than Samsung galaxy series and offers better camera and even better battery life when compared to exynos models. It's just sad to see people hate pixel phones blindly. I agree it is costly in india like iPhone. Taxes play a major role. But it is competitively priced in US/UK/AUS.

Whitechapel is an effort on Google’s part to create their own systems on a chip (SoCs) to be used in Pixel phones and Chromebooks alike, similar in to how Apple uses their own chips in the iPhone and Mac. Google was said to be co-developing Whitechapel with Samsung, whose Exynos chips rival Snapdragon processors in the Android space.

Source

lS5IhjM.jpg

3QaxzMM.jpg

MuZ6B7j.jpg

DICXyiC.jpg

If this one has a flagship chip and releases in India, then I will buy it next year whenever we have 5G here...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock