Breaking Google Photos and Google Drive will not Sync Automatically

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Google is removing that connection between Google Drive and Google Photos. In July Google will remove the ability to automatically sync photos and videos sync between Drive and Photos.

Adding/Deleting images from Google Photos will no longer affect them in your Drive, and Adding/Deleting an image from Drive won’t delete/add it in Google Photos.

Changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Much needed features. I deleted all my photos off google drive for more space. Thinking the same was available on photos. Unfortunately I lost all my photos.

Upcoming changes to Google Photos & Google Drive - Google Photos Help

What’s happening?
Starting July 10, 2019, Google Photos and Google Drive will no longer automatically sync. These changes will let you easily choose where photos and videos are stored across products.

• When you upload or delete photos in Google Drive or Google Photos, changes won’t reflect in the other service.
  • On photos.google.com, you will be able to copy your photos and videos from Google Drive to Google Photos.
  • Items copied between Google Drive and Google Photos in Original Quality will count towards your storage. Learn more.
  • Your existing photos and videos are still in Google Photos and Google Drive.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock