Google I/O 2017 News & Updates

Sarkar

Reaction score
Smart Reply is Coming to Gmail Android and iOS 

Google is using its machine learning prowess to respond to emails for you. The company’s Smart Reply feature (which debuted on its Inbox email app back in 2015 and is also available on Android Wear and Allo) is coming to Gmail on iOS and Android, as announced by CEO Sundar Pichai onstage at Google I/O this year.

Smart Reply scans the text of an incoming message, and suggests three basic responses the user can tweak and send. The feature is rolling out in English first, and will be available in Spanish “in the coming weeks,” with other languages to follow.

Smart Reply is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS - The Verge

RE: Google I/O 2017 News Updates

Google I/O 2017 keynote in 10 minutes

Google I/O 2017: Google Play Protect, Find My Device App Unveiled With Focus on Security and Safety

At Google I/O, the tech giant touched upon a lot of things, but the big highlights were
Android O public beta, Android Go for entry-level devices, and the arrival of Google Assistant on the iPhone. Alongside, Google also announced Google Play Protect – a malware scanning feature that claims to notch up device security. There’s also the new Find My Device app which is nothing but an overhauled version of the Android Device Manager.

2 billion monthly active devices run on Android today, and the rise of malware attacks really puts security as a priority for this open-source software. This is where Google Play Protect comes in with its security features. It will scan apps daily, and notify you when a specific app behaves abnormally, or is unsafe. It’s essentially a rebranded version of the normal scan behaviour existing on Android devices today, and Google has given it a more prominent branding.

Google I/O 2017: Google Play Protect, Find My Device App Unveiled With Focus on Security and Safety | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Android GO refreshed app switching UI

eb940654b21e398fbfea956146b5ea59.jpg

No more stack of cards

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock