Google free WiFi to launch for Vijayawada, Kachiguda and Raipur stations tomorrow

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Expanding the high speed Internet network facility, Railways will launch the Google ’s free Wi-Fi service at Vijayawada, Kachiguda and Raipur stations tomorrow.

Last month, Wi-Fi service was launched at Bhubaneswar station. Designed to offer passengers the best internet experience, Wi-Fi will be available to any user who has a smartphone.

“Trial of the Wi-FI is going on for some time at these stations and it will be launched on May 5 through video conferencing here,” a senior Railway Ministry official said. Before Bhubaneswar, Google’s free Wi-Fi service was launched in the Mumbai Central.

Passengers would be able to stream high definition videos while waiting for their respective trains at the railway station with Wi-Fi becoming operational.

Under the ‘Digital India initiative’, Railways is committed to provide better internet facilities to the passengers at 100 busiest stations by the end of this year.

Railtel, a PSU of the Railways, in collaboration with Google is providing free Wi-Fi service at stations. Eventually, the service will be rolled out at 400 stations across the country covering all major rail premises.

Railtel owns a Pan-India optic fiber network exclusively on railway track. It has laid out over 45,000 kms of optic fibre networks across the country, which Google will utilise for its Wi-Fi.

The network is built for wide coverage and high capacity usage unlike a typical Wi-Fi hotspot which offers connectivity in limited area. As per the plan, Railtel will be the ISP, while Google will provide the Wireless Area Networks (WAN) and will set-up the points of access at platforms.

Google free WiFi to launch for Vijayawada, Kachiguda and Raipur stations tomorrow | The Indian Express

Its a waste :angry :angry

few days ago checked Pune Station wifi its that much slow that even google not opening :s :no

Tomorrow :huh:huh

:no:no

But yesterday i used Google WiFi service @ Raipur railway station. :k

this is just a lol because

In last 20days

I went there times to
Vijayawada Railway Station
& This free Wi-Fi is available
since then... (& it's really so fast)...

Now What they are going to do !?!

MRizz said:
Tomorrow :huh:huh

:no:no

But yesterday i used Google WiFi service @ Raipur railway station. :k

How much speed were you getting ?:huh

I also used this wifi at Raipur Station.

It was worst wifi.

I think it has only 2g speed.

Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock