• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 51
  • Views: Views 6,746

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Today Google is launching a new version of Allo that will allow you to start calls in Duo straight from the app. Both Nick Fox, VP of Communications Products, and Amit Fulay, head of product for Allo and Duo, have made tweets today about the new update. Integration between the two services has been a long-time coming.

You can start a Duo call from Allo starting today

Google ditching Duo soon and combining into one?o_O

Google has not been on the right track in messaging, calling apps.
They have tried so many things: Hangouts, Google Messenger, Allo, Duo, there might be some more.
When all in one solutions are available, people won't install different apps.
Btw I see Google Duo ads at all railway stations with the RailWire WiFi. Still, I doubt very few people might be really using Duo.

The ads might be due to RailWire. As Google provides bandwidth to Railwire.

The ads might be due to RailWire. As Google provides bandwidth to Railwire.
yes I know. I wanted to say even after publicizing so much very few people might be using it.
Btw, Google is just funding I guess, bandwidth & infra is by railwire only.

Last edited:
Google Duo 14 integrates with your phone's call history [APK Download]

Last month, it started to look like Duo would add its own calls to your phone's call history. While the app asked users for permission to manage the call history, it didn't actually work yet. As part of the Duo 14 app update, this feature is now operational.

There's not much to this, but it's definitely a nice addition. When you open the app, Duo will ask you for permission to manage phone calls.

Google Duo 14 integrates with your phone's call history [APK Download]

Major version bumping so soon!:eek::oops:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock