Discussion Google Chat - News & Updates

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 5,013

Sarkar

Reaction score
Google has started the global roll-out of its new Chat messaging service, which is designed to replace SMS text messages on Android phones.

Chat has features such as group texts, videos, typing indicators and read receipts, which are not available when sending SMS texts.

Chat will be integrated with the default messages app on Android phones.

Chat is not a new texting app. Instead, think of it more like a new set of features inside the app already installed on most Android phones. “Chat” is the consumer-friendly name for Rich Communication Services (RCS), the new standard that’s meant to supplant SMS, and it will automatically be turned on inside Android Messages, the OS’s default app for texting.

Google's SMS replacement ready to launch

Universal-Profile-Supporters-Mar-2018.png

The companies that support the RCS Universal Profile as of April 2018.

Another attempt like Hangouts.
Whatsapp dominates far ahead in messaging. Lets see how Google's new product lives up to its promise.

Am currently using Microsoft SMS organizer in my android mobile, I am pretty much satisfied with it, Will see how chat app will be ..

Spend sometime to read also before commenting. It clearly says it is not an app and you are expecting an app :lol:

Another attempt like Hangouts.
Whatsapp dominates far ahead in messaging. Lets see how Google's new product lives up to its promise.

Yeah but whatsapp requires internet whereas it will work without internet or atleat carriers will not count it as data just like VoLTE calls

It Was Accidentialy Activated By Jio In My Mobile...Then I Was Receiving 31 OTPs Everyday...I Have Recieved Nearly 300+ OTPs...Then They Stopped It...When Jio CC Spoke...He Told About This And This Is In Testing Mode And Will Be Activated In Couple Of Months...Jio And Samsung Will Introduce It First In India..

It Was Accidentialy Activated By Jio In My Mobile...Then I Was Receiving 31 OTPs Everyday...I Have Recieved Nearly 300+ OTPs...Then They Stopped It...When Jio CC Spoke...He Told About This And This Is In Testing Mode And Will Be Activated In Couple Of Months...Jio And Samsung Will Introduce It First In India..

RCS already available on Jio network from the inception of Jio network via Jio4GVoice app

Last edited:
I can't see idea in the list.Also lot of mobile companies are also missing.

By the way, i am happy that I am samsung user & not an user of idea.

Also, it's true over thae years whole mobile system has got a great revolutionary upgrade. Only sms left.

As google worked for it, this will be another revolutionary thing.

I can't see idea in the list.Also lot of mobile companies are also missing.

By the way, i am happy that I am samsung user & not an user of idea.

Also, it's true over thae years whole mobile system has got a great revolutionary upgrade. Only sms left.

As google worked for it, this will be another revolutionary thing.

Voda is there and Idea is merging so both will get it and OEM will not be an issue as long as Carriers support it. For example we are already sending RCS message over Jio if Jio4GVoice is installed on phone. So if OEM SMS app does not support it we can always download another sms app which will support it

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock