Breaking Google 'Banned' Huawei from using Android and Google

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Google has suspended it's business operations with Huawei Effectively Immediately.

Huawei Technologies Co Ltd will immediately Lose access to Updates to the Android Operating System, and the Next Version of its smartphones outside of China will also lose access to popular applications and services including the Google Play Store and Gmail app,” Reuters noted.

This means that there will be NO further Android Updates and Security Patches for any Huawei device, including the new ones like P30 and P30 Pro, Mate 20 Pro, and others.
Honor, a sub-brand of Huawei, was going to launch Honor 20 on Tuesday, in London, after this ban it’s unclear what they will do now.

Huawei has immediately lost access to Android and Google

Last edited:
I have Honor 6X. Till morning I can use play store and gmail. After, lets see :(
You will be able to use those apps, but all Android updates and security patches will be stopped. Those apps will be unavailable on new phones that Huawei will launch.

i don't think this will affect Huawei android Security update.... Android is a open source... anyone can build from the source....

yes, google play service may be withdrawn... but almost all OEM have there own app store...

Last edited:
You will be able to use those apps, but all Android updates and security patches will be stopped. Those apps will be unavailable on new phones that Huawei will launch.
Your reply give me some relief. and Honor 6x now a old model of Honor. I don't need any updates. But, very bad move by google. what is the reason behind this ban, any information? For Hisilicon processor?

Your reply give me some relief. and Honor 6x now a old model of Honor. I don't need any updates. But, very bad move by google. what is the reason behind this ban, any information? For Hisilicon processor?
Reason is Donald Trump's Trade War with China, he declared National Everything and ordered all US companies to stop business relations with Chinese companies.

Huawei said it is prepared for such situation.
The company said in an interview “We have prepared our own operating system, if it turns out we can no longer use these systems [Android], we will be ready and have our plan B.”

Last edited:
Actually, there's positive by this move.

Free from pre-installed bloatware. We can always install YouTube, Gmail etc using APKs

Huawei may comeup with nee build of their EMUI

Actually, there's positive by this move.

Free from pre-installed bloatware. We can always install YouTube, Gmail etc using APKs

Huawei may comeup with nee build of their EMUI

Huawei already said that they have build their own OS. If that's true then it will be amazing to see the competitor of Android and iOS.
Huawei said it is prepared for such situation.
The company said in an interview “We have prepared our own operating system, if it turns out we can no longer use these systems [Android], we will be ready and have our plan B.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock