• Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,979

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Looks like the Galaxy S9 Android Pie beta program may be launched soon

The pages have only been updated in the United States so far. But at a later stage it will begin for other countries too.

Personal opinion:

I am not interested actually, seeing the user interface they designed. It is for the sake of change they did, and they did it incredibly wrong! They should not change the UI if nothing wrong in it, but they are not changing it to something great but making it worse. Hope they consider redesigning it at this point of time.

Always On Display to get colored notification icons with Android Pie
xE9iBgy.jpg

What is this, it looks so bad, google should redesign it, why they plan to keep it always on?
It's Samsung's feature, not Google's. Moreover, it's there for quite sometime on galaxy flagships. It can be turned off if we don't want to use.

I keep AOD always off. Previously i used to keep it on from 7am to 11pm but much battery drain i can't afford. So finally permanently turned off and now prefer to press power button to view time and notifications.

You can register for the beta in the Samsung Members app. Open the app, tap the Notices button, and you should see an option about enrolling into the beta program. Once enrolled, you will be able to download the Android Pie beta build from the Settings » Software update menu by tapping Download updates manually.

Galaxy S9 One UI (Android Pie) beta program now live!

Last edited:
Latest list of Eligible models.

4SVLbcj.jpg

txncvDM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock