Gmail Hack/Tip most users unaware of

• Thread starter sam
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 705

sam

Reaction score
Very few people know this Gmail Hack. In fact, when I asked many of my friends, none of them knew about this.

So the tip is, if you place a '+' sign after the gmail address and put anything after that plus sign, it doesn't really affect the original gmail address.

Let me elaborate it by giving one example.

If your gmail address is, then, would be considered same as the first one.

All emails will go into one place which is

You can put anything you wish after the plus sign. ( While registering for any site, put a name of that site or anything convenient to you after + sign in the registration form. Simple! )

By doing this, you can know whether your email address has been compromised or shared with anyone else.

How?

By taking a look at 'to' part in the email you receive.

For example, if while registering for TOI's newsletter, you put +toi after your gmail address. Now, after few days, you receive email from someone named 'Free Credit Card' out of the blue. You have no idea how Credit Card got your email ID, who gave it to tgem etc.
But once you take a look at the 'to' part of the email, and if you find +toi after it. It clearly means TOI shared your email address with Credit Card!

Now, you know that TOI is sharing your email with third parties with out your permission, you can unsubscribe from thier email list & prevent yourself from getting spammed.

Excellent info!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock