Global Samsung Galaxy S4 gets official Android 4.3 update

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
As expected, the Samsung Galaxy S4 has begun receiving its Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates. Not all versions of the handset, mind you, just the international GT-I9505 model for now.

According to SamMobile, the update that rides under Samsung's customized TouchWiz interface isn't so much of a visible change, but one that generally improves things under the hood.

With higher benchmark scores and faster speeds being reported, the Galaxy S4 should be a more finely-tuned device.

Outwardly, users may recognize touches such as generally sharper colors, UI tweaks, and changes to the keyboard and browser. Samsung is using the update to toss in a number of its own apps and services including Samsung Wallet and Samsung Knox for security.

Rounding things out are integrated support for the Galaxy Gear smartwatch, ANT+, and OpenGL 3.0.

Although the handset-maker has not provided an official changelog, the tech blog has rounded up a sizeable list of known adjustments. It's possible, however, that other small adjustments are tucked away neatly within the experience.

The Android 4.3 update should begin rolling out to various markets around the world and could take a few weeks to arrive.

Global Samsung Galaxy S4 gets official Android 4.3 update | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

Thats good news. Hope soon it comes to India.

Updated my device yesterday. It was lagging after update, a factory reset solved the issue and it's smooth as before now.

Received another small update today. It was auto downloaded.

ytedapag.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock