Discussion Fraud/Spam callers and their demands/offers for you - Do you get them too?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 7,035

Do you get such calls?

• Total voters

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
New kind of scam has started. Where they call and blackmail you into helping for poor. Be aware.

New kind of scam has started. Where they call and blackmail you into helping for poor. Be aware.
Its very old kind of scam. A lady used to call me daily and ask me to donate exactly 4 Lakh to some charity and i repeatedly said no. One day as soon as i recognized her voice i said "arre nahi chahiye". She lost her cool and abused me. She never called again after that day. Ultimately they make you feel you have taken favor from them for which you need to help them now.

Its very old kind of scam. A lady used to call me daily and ask me to donate exactly 4 Lakh to some charity and i repeatedly said no. One day as soon as i recognized her voice i said "arre nahi chahiye". She lost her cool and abused me. She never called again after that day. Ultimately they make you feel you have taken favor from them for which you need to help them now.
I was legit gonna help them until I heard background noise of them blabbering the same thing to other callers like we hear on calling any mobile customer service.
Edit - They also asked me to donate 4 lakh as well to treat for some child's eye cancer.

I was legit gonna help them until I heard background noise of them blabbering the same thing to other callers like we hear on calling any mobile customer service.
Edit - They also asked me to donate 4 lakh as well to treat for some child's eye cancer.
And this only happens to me when i order from Myntra or PaytmMall. Their own people leak numbers.

I also got calls of winning a SUV and i rejected, cut the call then they again call you and say take it. I said you keep my prize and be happy and they become so violent towards you then. A legit CC would never shout at you even in worser situation as he/she having fear of loosing their jobs.

And this only happens to me when i order from Myntra or PaytmMall. Their own people leak numbers.

I also got calls of winning a SUV and i rejected, cut the call then they again call you and say take it. I said you keep my prize and be happy and they become so violent towards you then. A legit CC would never shout at you even in worser situation as he/she having fear of loosing their jobs.
I have never received such calls for donations but yes calls from Paytm definitely comes to purchase some product for gifts. It's terrifying to hear all your details like Name, Address, Phone numbers, etc. from such scammers.

The main reason why I use only my secondary number with all shopping sites. Can never trust them. I havent even used my primary number for Uber/Ola.

I have lot of experience in these. Even I cut the call with irritated, when she(mostly) start donation. If in Hindi or English, immediately I told in Tamil. "Enakku Hindi , English theriyuthu" (I don't know English and Hindi)

I have most of the telemarketers blocked by default. Even if they manage to reach me, i ask too many questions that they would get fed up and drop the call😂 banks calling for loans is another headache, they would call me to provide 1lakh personal loan as if its free, i would say that I don't need PL but need 10lakh housing loan, immediately they say that they will consult manager and call again and disconnect 😆😆 just give taste of their own medicine.😜😜😜

Okay, my number is of my own. I use this number only to get a phone replacement last June from Flipkart when my mom was out of town. I would assume Flipkart gave this frauds my number. I always use my mom's account to purchase orders as I was minor when I started using Amazon and Flipkart. I always felt it would be easier to get refunds on an adult's account.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock