Flipkart started taking their website offline during surge in traffic?

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 1,696

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Strange error i got today, at least for this much large site like Flipkart. This is not the first time they are taking web version very lightly. Few years back they even made Flipkart app only and again converted to web+app model after people complained.

CEJaBw8.png

Few years back they even made Flipkart app only and again converted to app model after people complained.
That's when Flipkart and Myntra lost the game. Even I switched to Snapdeal as I had a gingerbread phone back then which didn't support their apps.

Anyone else here uses only the websites and not the apps for Flipkart, Amazon, etc?

Anyone else here uses only the websites and not the apps for Flipkart, Amazon, etc?
Certainly moved to App, but yeah, sometimes use the Website as well. Most of these have done away with the WAP (Mobile browser site) right?

Most of these have done away with the WAP (Mobile browser site) right?
No, they use native android codebase for apps and responsive web design elements for web. I guess Flipkart website is bootstrap based. Amazon website software is pretty old and outdated one but they kee0 modifying it that it works better than any modern website.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock