Good News First time Vi adds 1.7 mln subs after merger

As much I love to see more competition in Telecom, like VoId promoters opening their wallet to improve their 4G services, this news is somewhat fishy to me.

VoId made net additions in the Haryana, Kerala, MP and UP(W) circles. Out of which 5,940 in Haryana -- 33,370 in Kerala -- 38,639 in MP-CG circles. But 37,49,035 in UP West alone. That is about 37.5 Lakhs of customers in single circle in single month, means 18.5% increase in TOTAL customers in that circle in one month. Still, we can give them the benefit of doubt, say weekend rollover data, FREE SIM sale stalls, night UL data, better network speeds than competition, their network spends as it is one of their TOP priority circles, made that possible.

Even afterall the 38,26,984 TOTAL new customer additions, their final increase is 17.11 Lakhs. That means they have lost 21.16 Lakh customers in 18 circles.

But they still have a good chance. Their promoters have to show their confidence on VoId to the investors by investing their money themselves and STOP saying, "We will close Shop. We will not invest money there". (If the promoters are not having confidence, then how will new investers will have??) Then they will get the much needed funds for 4G expansion and increase the count of fiber connected towers. Then People will get good 4G speeds even with more users (not just because of less users like now). They should STOP blindly following Airtel like a slave and compete with them and not cartelize like earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what I have expressed earlier is very correct, the numbers reported in UP(W) as wrong.

Is there a stock manipulation effort, behind this “inadvertent” error??

So, what I have expressed earlier is very correct, the numbers reported in UP(W) as wrong.

Is there a stock manipulation effort, behind this “inadvertent” error??
That is very likely. TRAI should now release a revised subscription report with the changes, but they might skip it and do a Feb report

TRAI released the revised list. VoId actually lost some subscribers in UP(W) and not gained 37.5L in real.

Void UP(W) in Dec-20 :- 2,03,32,967
First report Jan-21 :- 2,40,82,002 ==> SUBS GAIN :- 37,49,035 ==> TOTAL GAIN :- 17,10,563
Final & Actual Jan-21 :- 2,00,88,352 ==> SUBS LOST :- 2,44,615 ==> TOTAL LOST :- 22,83,087

Both numbers are nowhere near identical and I doubt their “inadvertent” error here.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock