Facebook planning Premium ad free version

Sarkar

Reaction score
"You said (earlier) that Facebook would always be free," Orrin Hatch asked Zuckerberg. "Is that still your objective?" "Senator, yes," said the Facebook CEO. "There will always be a version of Facebook that is free. It is our mission to try to help connect everyone around the world and bring the world closer together In order to do that, we believe we need to deliver a service that everyone can afford."

In a way, Zuckerberg is not ruling out that in future that there can be no premium version Facebook. It is possible that Facebook may come out with a variant which will require users to pay for the service and in return may not use their data for advertisements.

Later in his testimony, Zuckerberg again repeated that the ad version is the better version of Facebook. "In general people don't like paying, in some parts of the world they can't pay," he said.

There will always be a free and ad-supported version of Facebook, says Mark Zuckerberg

It is possible that Facebook may come out with a variant which will require users to pay for the service and in return may not use their data for advertisements.
Oh the irony! I have to pay for my data not be to secretly used for targeted advertisements. Certainly, almost all who registered on Facebook back then would say, "I did not sign up for this."

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock