Discussion Existing Silver Plan users will get upgraded to New Gold plan

SPANDAN

Reaction score
So,Its Offical just now i got SMS from JIO.. currently I m on Gold plan Which is being Upgraded to Diamond plan i.e 1499 plan from 5th september..

X3ihyj3.jpg

Now my question, will they get Amazon Prime subscription with this upgrdation?
Because as per text message only 10 OTT apps will be given with 150 Mbps speed.
But as per their website, under new Gold plan (999), they have mentioned that 11 OTT apps will be provided.

Last edited:
Now my question, will they get Amazon Prime subscription with this upgrdation?
Because as per text message only 10 OTT apps will be given with 150 Mbps speed.
But as per their website, under new Gold plan (999), they have mentioned that 11 OTT apps will be provided.
1) Right, current Silver Plan users might not get Amazon Prime, as we are going to be FREELY upgraded to the New Gold Plan (999+GST), logically until the end of our current validity period.

2) Also,

2.a) New Bronze Plan (399+GST) introduced.

2.b) Current Bronze Plan (699+GST) becomes the new Silver Plan (699+GST).

2.c) New Gold Plan (999+GST) introduced.

2.d) New Diamond Plan (1499+GST) introduced.

3) One significant change will be the offering of free OTT App subscriptions. According to their website, the new Bronze and Silver plans will NOT get any OTT subscription. Not even a single app, even Jio Cinema. So it looks like these 2 plans are predominantly for customers who do NOT opt for an STB when they buy Jio Fiber.

4) It looks like the new Gold Plan (999+GST) will be getting Amazon Prime.

5) It looks like the new Diamond (1499+GST) and above plans will be getting Netflix. It will be interesting though, to see if they are offering the HD or 4K plan. Considering that Hotstar Premium not being available for any current Jio Fiber plans, I will be really (and pleasantly) surprised if they offer the 4K plan.

6) Also, the SMS I received says that my current Silver Plan will be upgraded on Teacher's Day (September 5). So, I am guessing that the Netflix app would be added to the STB on or before that. Because, the New Plans are already LIVE on their website.

Broadband Plans & Internet Service Provider - Get 30-Day Trial

two75Ts.png

Also, ”Truly Unlimited” has an FUP limit, which is 3300GB per month. It comes down to 110GB per day. Not sure if they are going to consider it on a daily or monthly basis. If it is monthly, it would mean we could use more than 110GB per day, but not more than 3300GB per month (30 day period).

Their Terms and Conditions page says:

" Commercial use policy of 3300 GB applicable on all Truly Unlimited Plans. "

JioFiber – Service Terms and Conditions

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock