Discussion Man City are the Champions of English Premier League Season 2020-2021

Jose is a funny manager. Some years ago he mocked that 'park the bus' technique of Spurs. He was Chelsea manager at that time. Now fast forward to 2020. He did the same with spurs to win against Manchester City. I think this Spurs team is also best team to implement that strategy. With the likes of Heung Min Son, who have great pace on counter attack it can be easily implemented. Arteta is also trying to do the same with Arsenal. But he doesn't have right player for the job. Willian does not have pace like Son.

Jose is a funny manager. Some years ago he mocked that 'park the bus' technique of Spurs. He was Chelsea manager at that time. Now fast forward to 2020. He did the same with spurs to win against Manchester City. I think this Spurs team is also best team to implement that strategy. With the likes of Heung Min Son, who have great pace on counter attack it can be easily implemented. Arteta is also trying to do the same with Arsenal. But he doesn't have right player for the job. Willian does not have pace like Son.
Klopp has laid down the template and barring City almost every top team is playing with a variation of Klopp's strategy.Klopp's team though are positively setup unlike Spurs or Ole's United or even Arsenal under Arteta.

Klopp has laid down the template and barring City almost every top team is playing with a variation of Klopp's strategy.Klopp's team though are positively setup unlike Spurs or Ole's United or even Arsenal under Arteta.
Ole doesn't have a style. He is only vibe for now. I don't feel like he is trying to build anything. Arteta is more defensive. His forwards and Mid field can't implement attack and pressing. Mid field has no creativity. That is why his goals are so low. Klopp's strategy involve more of his front 3 in opposition half. I don't think Klopp is taking defensive approach like this. They aren't taking anything from Klopp.

Ole doesn't have a style. He is only vibe for now. I don't feel like he is trying to build anything. Arteta is more defensive. His forwards and Mid field can't implement attack and pressing. Mid field has no creativity. That is why his goals are so low. Klopp's strategy involve more of his front 3 in opposition half. I don't think Klopp is taking defensive approach like this. They aren't taking anything from Klopp.
As i said Klopp's setup is positive.His team counterattacks but rather than sitting deep they press all over the pitch and try to win ball in opposition half before counterattacking at searing pace.The closest in PL to his style atleast theoretically is Lampard's Chelsea and Hasenhuttl's saints.The remaining teams just sit in low blocks before counter attacking

I suspect Lampard too didn't wanted to lose the match and was a bit cautious.He again baffled with his substitutions.Tammy was having an extremely poor game and yet he persisted with him for 3/4th of the match.Tammy really needs to step up if he wants to stake a permanent claim t o CF position.With number of chances that he misses, it would prove very costly for Chelsea at some point of time.Reece put some delicious crosses for him and yet he couldn't even make the goalkeeper work from even 1 of them.

I suspect Lampard too didn't wanted to lose the match and was a bit cautious.He again baffled with his substitutions.Tammy was having an extremely poor game and yet he persisted with him for 3/4th of the match.Tammy really needs to step up if he wants to stake a permanent claim t o CF position.With number of chances that he misses, it would prove very costly for Chelsea at some point of time.Reece put some delicious crosses for him and yet he couldn't even make the goalkeeper work from even 1 of them.
I won't blame Lampard much except that Tammy. Rather I will praise him. We literally made two of the best or can be said top forwards look ordinary and useless. Both City and United lost to them while we dominated them. It's just Jose. He played like that when he was our manager. Can't really complain about anything in the match. That guy is the founder of football Taliban!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock