Discussion Man City are the Champions of English Premier League Season 2020-2021

Well he did nothing yesterday. He absolutely did nothing to deserve full 90 minutes. That Liverpool team was absolutely beatable. It's because of Lampard's tactics we lose.
Personally i feel that Mount has to be part of this team.He and James are the 2 players who i think should be there in the team from the youngsters who came out of academy.I do not know what you expected from him against Liverpool but in my opinion he did the task assigned to him.

Another good thing is Kepa improved something over last season. Except that mistake, he was decent. As for Lampard, he probably needs more time with this new squad. Although he have to remove this personal bias of playing Mount in every match. A good starting 11 and tactics will win us match against any opponent.
Goalkeepers are judged based on their consistency and even a single error gets highlighted unlike other players.You cannot go into a match trusting him.I am not sure Mendy is a big upgrade on him but i hope he will not make silly errors like Kepa

And going by Simon Johnson's column today in Athletic,Chelsea are in lookout for a holding midfielder whether it is Rice or someone else is to be seen.Lampard views Kante not as a Defensive midfielder since he gets attracted towards the ball rather than holding his position.But what will happen to the likes of Jorginho remains to be seen.

And going by Simon Johnson's column today in Athletic,Chelsea are in lookout for a holding midfielder whether it is Rice or someone else is to be seen.Lampard views Kante not as a Defensive midfielder since he gets attracted towards the ball rather than holding his position.But what will happen to the likes of Jorginho remains to be seen.
We really don't need Rice. Last match Timo attacked for some 3-4 times to Liverpool GP. Why we could not score is because three was no one to take the pass. We need a player who can give long pass. Kante is good in defense and wining back the ball but he lacks ability to forward pass. The transition from defense to attack instantly needs to be smooth. For that we need someone who can pass the ball from mid field to Forward. Rice is not that person.

And for J5, he will be benched when our main 11 will come. He is good in penalties only. Lacks pace and no physical presence, can't even pass. Our main starting 11 should be like
Mendy
James Thiago Zouma Ben
Kante Kovacic
Hakim Kai Pulisic
Timo
4-2-3-1. Lampard should keep other as Sub.

We really don't need Rice. Last match Timo attacked for some 3-4 times to Liverpool GP. Why we could not score is because three was no one to take the pass. We need a player who can give long pass. Kante is good in defense and wining back the ball but he lacks ability to forward pass. The transition from defense to attack instantly needs to be smooth. For that we need someone who can pass the ball from mid field to Forward. Rice is not that person.
From what i understand from Frank's press conferences,he like Sarri sees Kante more as a Box to Box MF rather than a holding MF.Jorginho is a holding MF with good passing range but with a fragile defense and GK behind him and his own inability to cover spaces quickly i don't think he is suited for the role.It can be Rice or someone else but Chelsea definitely needs someone to hold the MF.Moreover, i don't want to see Werner playing as a Left Winger and Havertz as an expensive version of Kevin Davies.

From what i understand from Frank's press conferences,he like Sarri sees Kante more as a Box to Box MF rather than a holding MF.Jorginho is a holding MF with good passing range but with a fragile defense and GK behind him and his own inability to cover spaces quickly i don't think he is suited for the role.It can be Rice or someone else but Chelsea definitely needs someone to hold the MF.Moreover, i don't want to see Werner playing as a Left Winger and Havertz as an expensive version of Kevin Davies.
Pulisic on left not Timo.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock