• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 1,458

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
RBI has said the new system will kick in from start of FY22. However, major banks and vendors say they are not ready for the changeover.

E-Mandate for recurring payments are live now. Do share your experiences here.

Emails are being sent by various services:
pCiu6R1.png

My Netflix recurring payment for this month had failed, it asked to re authorise the card with an OTP for granting my consent for recurring payment from next month onwards, so hopefully that will happen from next month

My Netflix recurring payment for this month had failed, it asked to re authorise the card with an OTP for granting my consent for recurring payment from next month onwards,
My Amazon Prime recharge was due in 5th October. Amazon offered me (around 27th Sep) Rs100 discount :clap2: for re-authorise before the due date and I have done it Prime Video @ Rs899 for one year (upto 5th October 2022).

Similarly I have Google One subscription (100GB Drive storage @ Rs1300) renewal on 3rd October and Google asked me to re-authorise from Sep-15 itself. From my experience with Amazon, I was waiting for Google to give me some discount and I did nothing till 3rd October. But Google informed me (on 2nd Oct night) that they have auto debited on 29th September (in advance - when auto debit was valid) and I can continue to enjoy the services till 3rd October 2022. :rofl2: So they escaped this year without re-authorisation and Let us see by next year, what new drama will Google create?

Another yearly subscription from EverNote (Rs1500 per year) is coming for renewal by December2021. I will update here, reg the same by that time.

Similarly I have Google One subscription (100GB Drive storage @ Rs1300) renewal on 3rd October and Google asked me to re-authorise from Sep-15 itself. From my experience with Amazon, I was waiting for Google to give me some discount and I did nothing till 3rd October. But Google informed me (on 2nd Oct night) that they have auto debited on 29th September (in advance - when auto debit was valid) and I can continue to enjoy the services till 3rd October 2022. :rofl2: So they escaped this year without re-authorisation and Let us see by next year, what new drama will Google create?
I was trying as well today for my Google One with ICICI credit card. Transaction failed with Credit card but worked well for debit card.
Looks like Google has not yet built a system for recurring subscriptions.
I wish Google had auto debited for me also, then I wouldn't have had to deal with ICICI's sh#tty customer care...

Is there any Credit card in India that works with Google Play or Google One auto subscription?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock