DoT amends NIA to allow telecos deploy spectrum for new technology with atleast 6 months prior intimation

OnlyTech

OnlyTech bot
Reaction score
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) today in a boost to telecom service providers amended its notice inviting applications (NIA) for Spectrum Auction 2021 allowing telecom service providers to deploy spectrum for new technology with only 6 months...

Read full article

@Esmail

How does there is change in number of block/ available frequency in 900/1800Mhz in some of circles.

and it good that last date extended to 9th
and 2 days for mock auction.

It seems govt has rejected VIL request for not mention net

@Esmail

How does there is change in number of block/ available frequency in 900/1800Mhz in some of circles.
Some of BSNL's 900 and 1800 MHz spectrum is taken back and being put up for the auction, that's why it has increased the amount of spectrum available for sale.

Some of BSNL's 900 and 1800 MHz spectrum is taken back and being put up for the auction, that's why it has increased the amount of spectrum available for sale.
Correct. Govt withdraws 3.8 Mhz in band 3 and 1.2 Mhz in band 8 from BSNL in AP.

It seems that this is done in favor of airtel, who could able to grab 900/1800 for most circle with 5-10mhz single block

which airtel can use it for 4G and 5G services.

Esmail bhai, how did u got this info that allocation is cancelled. any reason for such change in NIA mentioned officially?

so now jio can gab as much as from 850 and airtel will satisfy hunger with 900MHZ. this will make any new telco to enter india impossible.

Esmail bhai, how did u got this info that allocation is cancelled. any reason for such change in NIA mentioned officially?
They haven't officially mentioned that it is from BSNL allocation but then again they never do. Since I've been tracking spectrum allocations of all operators since years, I can make calculated guesses based on whatever limited info is available. Though Dot has declared that it will disclose all operators spectrum holdings officially before 1st March so let's wait for it and I'll update the chart with the required changes.

They haven't officially mentioned that it is from BSNL allocation but then again they never do. Since I've been tracking spectrum allocations of all operators since years, I can make calculated guesses based on whatever limited info is available. Though Dot has declared that it will disclose all operators spectrum holdings officially before 1st March so let's wait for it and I'll update the chart with the required changes.
detail published by WPC division of DOT

https://dot.gov.in/sites/default/files/2021_02_25 NIA WPC.pdf?download=1

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock