Disney Streaming's Kevin Mayer appointed as Tik Tok's CEO and ByteDance's COO

marvel44

Believe
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
Kevin Mayer is going from the digital media guy at a (very) traditional media company, to the traditional media guy at a (very) digital media company. Mayer, the chairman of Disney's direct-to-consumer and international division, will depart to become CEO of the red hot mobile video firm TikTok.

--Mayer’s departure from Disney comes three months after he was passed over as successor to longtime CEO Bob Iger, a role that instead was handed to Bob Chapek, who was chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. Mayer was seen as a likely contender for the role given his long tenure at Disney, where he served as chief strategy officer, architecting such deals as its $71 billion acquisition of the Fox assets. Mayer's contract ran through the end of 2022. It isn't clear whether the company released him early, or whether he had an exit clause after being passed over for the CEO job.

https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/...634999b4?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I wish him worst. Traditional media never dies out. Social media sites does. For example Vine.

I wish him worst. Traditional media never dies out. Social media sites does. For example Vine.

Yeah bro! He was literally in the running for Disney's CEO! I guess it was big mistake from his part who was part of such great things at Disney like Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and 21CF aqusitions. And he oversee Disney+ and ESPN+ etc. He would have got COO may be at Disney, if he had waited a little longer.

On Friday, President Donald Trump said he would ban the Chinese-owned short-form video app from operating in the United States. That news was just another startling development in Mayer's whirlwind tenure so far as TikTok's CEO.

"It's been one of the wildest years for a Hollywood executive I've seen in a long time. It couldn't have been more dramatic if Disney's studios wrote it," Jeffrey Cole, director of USC's Annenberg Center for the Digital Future, told CNN Business. "In a few months, he went from launching one of the most important streaming services in a long time and looking like the most likely heir to [former CEO] Bob Iger at Disney to a guy fighting to keep his company alive from the President of the United States."

Kevin Mayer went from Disney's king of streaming to fighting for TikTok's life

Seriously feeling bad for this guy who had such a great career at Disney had buried it down for Tik Tok.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock