Breaking Disney+ Hotstar will not be available on TV to non-subscribers from September

Nilu334

Contributor
Reaction score
After new update
VJnrjuc.jpg

Do we have to register/subscribe to get in TV separately or can we link TV as now?
Confusing...

I think casting and android TV app will not work without an active Hotstar subscription. You can of course use your existing Hotstar subscription to watch on any device including TV.

I think casting and android TV app will not work without an active Hotstar subscription. You can of course use your existing Hotstar subscription to watch on any device including TV.
I think not only casting but they may charge something for linking to TV...It's also possible as now OTT is becoming more popular...

Housewives watching soaps/shows on next day on Hotstar without subscription. :D

It will apply from mid September and will be applicable to all smart TV apps including Android and Fire OS. It will not apply to Chromecast though.

Also web application will continue to work on TV browsers. However, Premium /VIP content playbacks are not guaranteed. Free content however might work.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock