Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

Buddy. Don't get your hopes up with this service atleast in India. Unless the service rolls out in other parts of the sub continent don't expect any big library bumps. The last time they did that it, it was in March and had added around 20 movies.

The other reason for this discrepancy is that, Hotstar India is run by Star India and Hotstar in the SEA nations is run by Disney SEA from Singapore. Recently, Disney+ Hotstar India is brought under Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution and I had hope that things were gonna improve because of that. Still I'm yet to see any changes though.
I am using a borrowed VIP account. Planning to buy a Premium Account next month to watch documentaries in English. Can we expect any major changes by than?

I am using a borrowed VIP account. Planning to buy a Premium Account next month to watch documentaries in English. Can we expect any major changes by than?
To be frank, I'm not expecting any changes at the moment unless Becoz of T20 WC if they launch the service in The Sub Continent. If any such developments are occurring, there will be the announcements in August during their quarterly earnings call.

BTW, unless the Nat Geo documentaries are Disney+ Originals, they are available for VIP users in English as well. They are recently doing that... Also, unless Disney Channel contents are your priority, the premium subscription is value for the money now as they are bringing both Disney+ and HBO originals along with FX shows.

To be frank, I'm not expecting any changes at the moment unless Becoz of T20 WC if they launch the service in The Sub Continent. If any such developments are occurring, there will be the announcements in August during their quarterly earnings call.

BTW, unless the Nat Geo documentaries are Disney+ Originals, they are available for VIP users in English as well. They are recently doing that... Also, unless Disney Channel contents are your priority, the premium subscription is value for the money now as they are bringing both Disney+ and HBO originals along with FX shows.
Yes, I also noticed Nat Geo documentaries being available for VIP users in English. I am talking about upcoming documentary of Behind the Attraction. I think it will be Premium Exclusive like Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom. I hope this gets second season as well.

Good Thing about Hotstar now a days is they are uploading all Indian New content in 4K UHD example, Sultan, Eeswaran, Collar Bomb,Laxmi etc and Hotstar Specials in 4K Dolby Vision example Grahan, November Story, Ok Computer, Out of Love season 2 etc. Now multiple profiles is the only pending feature I think and Ofcourse Dolby Atmos is also missing but it takes too long to add I think

Good Thing about Hotstar now a days is they are uploading all Indian New content in 4K UHD example, Sultan, Eeswaran, Collar Bomb,Laxmi etc and Hotstar Specials in 4K Dolby Vision example Grahan, November Story, Ok Computer, Out of Love season 2 etc. Now multiple profiles is the only pending feature I think and Ofcourse Dolby Atmos is also missing but it takes too long to add I think
Multiple profiles and New UI

I think they should also focus on updating existing content to 4k/Dolby audio or at least an audio upgrade.

I think now D+H is becoming the alternative for Netflix....Yes Profiles r missing ...UI also good compared to Netflix for me...Most irritating in Netflix is we have to go for side bar and scroll down to the bottom and hit the Exit Button...If the pop-up of yes/no is OK...Also we can remove contents from the continue watching list in D+H already in Mobile but in Netflix we have to see them in Home page unless we watch completely or scroll the content in player till the End...

Also we can remove contents from the continue watching list in D+H already in Mobile but in Netflix we have to see them in Home page unless we watch completely or scroll the content in player till the End...
GIXuJJO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock