Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

Guys, When will Hotstar have a better bitrate.? Horrible to watch Formula 1 in 1080p at 2.6mbps bitrate.

Was shocked to see the quality of Moto GP in Discovery+. It was very very good.

Both are different. You are checking the Smart Store option there. Also, it might be upgrading your subscription if you have VIP already and might also had consuming the coins you have.

Rewards Store and Smartstore are two different things.
Yes both r different but it's not upgrade offer...1499-399=1109 -100= 1000/- even if my VIP sub new...

Now it's back to 1499/-

Welqzz9.png

Guys, When will Hotstar have a better bitrate.? Horrible to watch Formula 1 in 1080p at 2.6mbps bitrate.

Was shocked to see the quality of Moto GP in Discovery+. It was very very good.
I have complained many times but no solution only useless replies. They don't even have a fixed bitrate for movies and shows. They are just given random bitrates. GoT S08E03 is around 8-10 Mbps I think whereas the action-heavy movies like Marvel ones are capped at 3 or 4. Netflix has optimized bitrate according to the scenes running. Another factor is that of encryption or codecs. In 1080p, Prime Video (x265) is the best followed by Netflix (x264 mostly) then Hotstar (VP9 mostly). Hotstar uses VP9 because of lower cost and better support on low-end devices (contributing a significant portion of their users). You can check out Hotstar's blog to get more information.

Prime Video (x265) is the best followed by Netflix (x264 mostly)
then Hotstar (VP9 mostly). Hotstar uses VP9 because of lower cost and better support on low-end devices (contributing a significant portion of their users). You can check out Hotstar's blog to get more information.

Meanwhile, MX Player using x266. 😂

MX player now supports H266 ..

K4K9fkt.jpg

Meanwhile, MX Player using x266. 😂
This is why most stay away from subscribing to them. There was a power cut during the opening match of IPL. I tried watching the match on my phone. It consumed like 200 mb data for streaming like 10-12 minutes. Than also on medium settings. Imagine how much data streaming whole match would've consumed.

This is why most stay away from subscribing to them. There was a power cut during the opening match of IPL. I tried watching the match on my phone. It consumed like 200 mb data for streaming like 10-12 minutes. Than also on medium settings. Imagine how much data streaming whole match would've consumed.
That's probably because the stream was in regular x264 codec. If it was x266, it would've consumed significantly less data.

x265 provides same quality at 60-70% of the size of x264.
Whereas, x266 claims to provide same quality at Half the size of x265.

That's probably because the stream was in regular x264 codec. If it was x266, it would've consumed significantly less data.

x265 provides same quality at 60-70% of the size of x264.
Whereas, x266 claims to provide same quality at Half the size of x265.

I know bro. I have been seeing reviews on Play Store and requests on Twitter where users are asking Hotstar team to use x265 codec since 3-4 years now. Users highlighted how pirated sites requires less bandwidth than Hotstar. Yet, they don't care.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock