David Luiz seals £50m PSG move from Chelsea as Brazil star signs five year deal

Elysian

Reaction score
Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the signing of Chelsea defender David Luiz
vx3ChVG.jpg

David Luiz has completed his move from Chelsea to Paris St Germain with the Brazil star signing a five-year deal at the French Champions.
Luiz - who starred for the Selecao as they kicked off their World Cup campaign with a 3-1 win over Croatia on Thurdsday night - left Stamford Bridge for a huge £50million fee.
The French side announced the deal on their official website, saying: 'Paris Saint-Germain is delighted to announce the transfer of Brazilian international David Luiz from Chelsea FC, for the next five years.'
The move will see Luiz link up with his international centre half partner Thaigo Silva, who was part of the PSG side knocked out of last season's Champions League by Luiz's Chelsea.
Luiz signed for Chelsea from Benfica in January 2011 and after taking time to settle, the Brazilian went on to become a mainstay in the Blues defence, helping them win the 2012 Champions League and then the Europa League the following season.
He made 143 Blues appearances - 34 of them last season, including against PSG in the Champions League quarter-finals - scoring 12 goals.
However, Luiz had been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge after falling behind Gary Cahill and John Terry in the pecking order at centre-half last term.

79h2GsU.jpg

The 27-year-old centre-back, who starred for Brazil in their 3-1 win over Croatia last night, told all in a radio interview before the game.
"I'm just concentrating on playing,” he told Globoesport. “I just signed a five-year contract with PSG."
"But what we plan for today might not be right for tomorrow. In the future I will have a child, a family and my priorities might change. You have to think of others, not just yourself."
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho often preferred to use the 27-year-old just in front of the defenders in midfield, but with Nemanja Matic rejoining the squad in January, Luiz's days appeared numbered.
It was announced last month that Chelsea and PSG had come to an agreement regarding a fee, with Press Association Sport understanding Luiz would move for £50million, a world record for a defender.

pxkMcIF.jpg

The confirmation of the deal on Friday means Luiz, who was also a reported target for Barcelona and Bayern Munich, is likely to a form a centre-half partnership with international team-mate Thiago Silva.
Mourinho has already looked to strengthen his squad this summer.
On Thursday, the Premier League club completed the £30million signing of former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, with his Spain team-mate Diego Costa expected to follow from Atletico Madrid to bolster the Chelsea attack.

Reactions: Omi
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock