Seeking Help Connection procedure TV with HT

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
How to connect the following with HT (5.1 Dolby supported)

1. one HD STB
2. one Streaming Stick .
3. One LED TV

Following are the port available
On tv - 1HDMI, 1 HDMI ARC, 1 Optical I/P
On STB - 1 HDMI
On HT- 1HDMI ARC out, 1 optical.

I need best audio output from all these.

My connections using the ports written above..
Stick to HDMI 1
HD STB to HDMI ARC
TV Optical to HT optical
AFAIK instead of ARC thr Optical gives the best audio ....

My suggestion. You have only 2 HDMI port. It's sad. If you go for the real 5.1, you choose the HDMI arc for HT. But you have stick. So only choice optical as per Bhat Bro. My bold suggestion again only HDMI arc 👍👍👍

You really have no other option apart from using TV optical out to HT optical in. TV's HDMI ports will have to be used to connect your STB and streaming stick, as there are only 2.

You really have no other option apart from using TV optical out to HT optical in. TV's HDMI ports will have to be used to connect your STB and streaming stick, as there are only 2.
What is the other option if there are 3 HDMI ports?

How to connect the following with HT (5.1 Dolby supported)
On HT- 1HDMI ARC out, 1 optical.

I need best audio output from all these.
How many HDMI in ports are in your HTR? You can connect your STB and stick to the HTR and connect TV to receiver with ARC.

In that case I suggest connect using optical cable from TV to HTR. Then you may need to change settings on your TV for Dolby pass through to get 5.1 in HTR. That's how I use my 15 year old Onkyo HTR to get Dolby audio from Firestick. I have connected coax audio from STB to HTR directly.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock