BSF jawan : Fellow soldiers happy, senior tried to force me to take down video

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Tej Bahadur Yadav, the Border Security Force jawan who posted a viral video purportedly showing the deplorable quality of food served to him at his post in Jammu and Kashmir, spoke to India Today, saying that his fellow jawans were happy that he posted the video.
Yadav, whose video focused on the seemingly poor quality of food served to jawans stationed in the challenging terrains of J&K, said that he has been transferred from the BSF camp back to the headquarters and has been assigned a plumber's duty. He also said that his commandant has tried to get him to take down the video.
Yadav said that he believes that authorities won't target him since the video has gone viral also saying, "I am not afraid of losing my job...I have shown what the reality is at the post". "If soldiers [are] benefited because of me, then I am ready to fight," the jawan added, going on to say that a lot will be revealed once an inquiry is carried out.

During his conversation with India Today, Yadav said that he had raised the concerns over food with his senior officer who, Yadav said, did nothing except to express his own helplessness. In his video, Yadav alleged that while the government is doing everything that it can for the soldiers, it is the senior officers who are responsible. The officers, Yadav claimed, sell off the ration in the market and pocket the money.
Read more: 'Can a BSF jawan work 10 hours on such food?': Soldier posts horrifying videos of substandard food.

Responding to the video, Home Minister Rajnath Singh tweeted that he has seen the footage and has asked the Union Home Secretary to seek a report from the BSF. The force responded to the video as well, tweeting, "BSF is highly sensitive to the welfare of tps (troops). Individual aberrations, if any, are enquired into. A senior officer has already rchd (reached) the location.
Today morning, Minister of State of Home Affairs, Kiren Rijiju, also commented on the issue, tweeting that serious note of the issue has been taken, he has found the jawans satisfied during his visits to border posts. In another tweet, he said, "Welfare of our Security Forces guarding the borders & other difficult areas are absolute priority. Any anomaly will be dealt with firmly."

http://m.indiatoday.in/story/bsf-jawan-from-viral-video-fellow-soldiers-happy-senior-tried-to-force-me-to-take-down-video/1/853618.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock