• Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 5,064

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have ordered the Samsung M20 for my friend on the 7th Feb Flash Sale. Received the phone today. We went for the 4GB and 64GB version and it costed 12989 INR. Brief review follows.

In Box:

Phone, 15W Charger, Type C cable and a SIM ejector. Cable is very short. No headphones.

Design:

Phone looks very good on the front side with dew drop notch (Infinity V display). Back side looks glossy, though it's plastic, but not slippery. The Ocean blue looks good. However, Phone feels heavy, may be because of the 5000 mAH battery. One hand operation is difficult on this phone, it's huge.

Display:

Despite being a TFT panel, the display looks excellent and I think it looks better than most LCD panels in this range. It will be a treat to use this phone for media consumption.

Connectivity:

Call quality is good and Wi-Fi was quick to scan and connect to our network. I didn't have a chance to check VOLTE performance, as we used it on a BSNL SIM card. It caught 3G network and the signal was not bad.

Software:

Out of the box, phone is running Oreo 8.1.0 and Samsung Experience UI 9.5. The touch response is good. There is a lot of bloatware as usual. Out of the box, there is around 49GB of free storage. Samsung have enabled a wallpaper carousel on Lock Screen. Every time we unlock, a new image is displayed, they are calling it Lock Screen stories. It might be refreshing for some users, I liked it. It can be disabled by selecting Wallpaper instead of Wallpaper+Stories!

Sensors:

Most sensor are available on this phone like Compass, Gyro and Proximity. Fingerprint sensor is not bad, but not as fast as some other phones I used in this segment. And also, there is no vibration feedback when we touch on the fingerprint sensor for unlocking. I don't know why Samsung disabled it. It's kind of odd not to get any feedback for unlocking your phone through a fingerprint sensor.

Camera:

We took few pics under artificial light, and they came good. However, outdoor pics are poor during night time, as expected in a mid range phone. Will post some pics taken through this phone later tomorrow.

Battery Life:

Will update after some usage.

Few Pics:

96285281-93-C4-4-A0-E-A2-AF-4-A7519371056.jpg

BackSide.jpg

E7-E87-D42-1210-474-D-8-C3-D-A37257-BDA810.jpg

BE0-B01-DF-E26-B-4-E3-D-97-EE-072-F8129-DF02.jpg

C87-E17-CF-763-E-452-F-BDB0-D0-DF59470609.jpg

Camera Samples:

Day:

DayLight.jpg

Day-Light1.jpg

Day-Light2.jpg

Day-Light3.jpg

Night:

Night1.jpg

Please post if you have any specific questions and I will answer. Hope this helps!! Cheers!!

Congratulations Bro :)

Samsung seems to have enabled some kind of wallpaper carousel on Lock Screen. Every time we unlock, a new image is displayed. It might be refreshing for some users, I liked it.
It might be because of Samsung Lock screen stories.
Samsung Lock screen stories. Every time I unlock the phone there's a new lock screen wallpaper. It's like Windows 10 lock screen spotlight feature but with more feature.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock