Breaking Big Bazaar to stop providing T24 Mobile Free Talktime on Shopping from 15-May-2018

• Thread starter TJ_DJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 6,875

TJ_DJ

Reaction score
SMS Received on T24 Mobile Number:
Dear T24 Customer, Free Talk Time on Shopping will discontinue from 15th May 2018. Your T24 SIM will remain active & regular telecom services will continue.

No idea yet, if Free Talktime currently accumulated will lapse or will continue to stay as-is for use.
Screenshot of Received SMS:
Source

Last edited:
Finally, after 7 days, got confirmation from T24 Customer Care that the Free Talktime will be valid for 90 days from the date of last Free recharge. Technically, the last Free recharge would be latest by 14-May-2018 and hence, with a validity of 90 days, all Free Talktime (accumulated) will lapse by 12-Aug-2018.

I was thinking of porting this number to another operator, but I doubt they will carry forward the Free Talktime. In T24, there are two separate balance amounts, the Main and the Free. Only the Main will be carried forward I think. Anyone has any insights on this? What does TRAI rules say, should promotional talktime provided be carried forward to new operator?

Any help would be appreciated. I am having around Rs 540 Free Talktime accumulated in T24 Sim.

@TJ_DJ bro, all balance would be lost upon port. Not only free but also main balance will be gone. They won't get carry forward.

@TJ_DJ bro, all balance would be lost upon port. Not only free but also main balance will be gone. They won't get carry forward.

Thanks @Bapun Raz bro. I always thought during porting, balance from previous provider is carried forward to new provider. Sadly, it isn't. So I have to find means to exhaust it. The reason it is accumulated is because it is not my primary number and other numbers have free minutes. Also, cant use it for internet as T24 is 2G-only.

Given that I am getting airtel network (intra-circle roaming pact), would I be able to get Airtel 3G? I think it wont work, as the internet packs available to activate are 2G-only.
Welcome to T24

Thanks @Bapun Raz bro. I always thought during porting, balance from previous provider is carried forward to new provider. Sadly, it isn't. So I have to find means to exhaust it. The reason it is accumulated is because it is not my primary number and other numbers have free minutes. Also, cant use it for internet as T24 is 2G-only.

Given that I am getting airtel network (intra-circle roaming pact), would I be able to get Airtel 3G? I think it wont work, as the internet packs available to activate are 2G-only.
Welcome to T24

That depends upon what kind of agreement airtel and T24 has in between them. If they have 3G agreement then you will get it otherwise no

That depends upon what kind of agreement airtel and T24 has in between them. If they have 3G agreement then you will get it otherwise no
Bro, the agreement is opaque to the customer. The customer still has tariffs and charges of T24 only, although network being used is Airtel's. I guess they will gradually shift to Airtel's tariffs and stopping of free talktime is the first step in this regard.

Btw, a strange thing. I called up T24 customer care, they said I cannot port out to any other network at all. Isn't this against TRAI rules? I should be given option to port out, right? (Although no benefit as such in porting out)

Suggestions welcome for advising on how to use Rs 540 talktime in next 90 days. Given that I have other numbers with free minutes, using this for calls is not an option. Internet is 2G-only, so that again is ruled out. Keeping it as my secondary number, I have used it for registration in certain apps and services like Zomato, Box8, etc. to avoid pesky sneaking into my primary number.

Any idea how to fruitfully exhaust Rs 540 talktime?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock