• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 1,862

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Asking a customer to pay Rs18 for a cloth carry bag cost hypermarket chain Big Bazaar Rs 11,518 as the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum ordered it to pay Rs 10,000 to the Consumer Legal Aid Account (for helping needy litigants) and 1,518 to a Panchukla resident for “wrongly charging” for the item.

Baldev Raj, a resident of Sector 15, Panchkula, complained to the commission after a cashier at Future Retail’s Big Bazaar store in Industrial Area charged him Rs 18 for a cloth bag to carry items he had purchased there on March 20 this year.

HT

It bad decision according to me next time own wards people would carry their own clothe bag or 1 they brought earlier...

Also i would like to share interesting conservation i heard in while i was going to work.

it was discussion between small time businessmen and some other people

He said various people use to come to his venture to buy stuffs he would offer them tea ,snacks,bag etc ... And all its was indirectly paid by his customers nothing sort was of free

So i was wandering what happened to business acumen of big bazaar

It should be chargeable if customer purchased items below 500 rupees. But Rs 18 is too much. 5 and 10 rupees for a bag is okay.
You can't expect a free bag if you purchase a 200 rupees item. They also have to pay salaries to the stuff and electric bill..

Dominos charges Rs.11 and Reliance Smart mall charges Rs.13 after customer consent i think.

Actully i have also fight with dominos when they have charged me Rs:2 when they were giving plastic bag in mumbai.. and management accepted my point and even gave me coupon for next purchase...i have fighted with them that i can pay you even 100 rupees for bag but only if you give me plain bag with no logo of your. By providing your logo on bag you are doing advertising then why should i pay for your advertise you have to reverse the charge but cashier refuse then i lodged complain got the coupon which was free of T&C.

Last edited:
It should be chargeable if customer purchased items below 500 rupees. But Rs 18 is too much. 5 and 10 rupees for a bag is okay.
You can't expect a free bag if you purchase a 200 rupees item. They also have to pay salaries to the stuff and electric bill..
See if they are providing you plain bag then only we should pay for it at a resonable rate but if there is a logo of their firm then why we should pay for free advertising.

There is a Kerala court order that shops should not take money for carry bags if they contain any form of advertisement on it. Don't know whether it is applied country wide.
Here in Bangalore, shops don't give free carry bags due to plastic ban. We should either bring carry bag or purchase carry bag from the shop.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock