Discussion Beware of this well executed Online Prize SCAM

shreyaskini

Reaction score
What led to the scam
So, i had applied for this fake Job offer on OLX which promised to pay 1 lakh guaranteed. Now i know you might ask why on Earth would anyone fall for it. I never fell for it. My intention was to know what they would ask me to do so i tried to play with them a bit and had forgotten my number was visible because of an ad that i had placed. So, the same day that i applied for this job (which was last week) i get a call from a lady who said all i had to do was some data entry of Aadhar etc. and said i would be paid 7k a week for that which is nowhere close to the promised sum. Then she also said if i logged in from other device or did too many mistakes they would charge me 4000 as penalty at which point i realised this is complete BS. I said i would register after few days which was obviously not going to happen 😅

Legit Scam game starts here
Now here's the best part. Today morning i get a call from a lady from a site called shopurdream.com which clearly sounded stupid and fake. From her voice i could make out it was the same lady that had called me regarding the job last week. She said i was one of the 5 lucky winners who won in some tournament conducted by them. She said i was chosen because i bought a product from them via Amazon/Flipkart where they were the "Seller". The gifts were Redmi Note 7, VU 43 inches TV, Lenovo Laptop and some other things. They also said my rank is high on their list 😅 so i said fine and asked what i had to do to claim the prize. The reply was I had to purchase Reebok shoes worth 2499 and had to pay for this online. I said fine and I had promised them to buy the shoes in 2 hours (again i was just messing with them).

I am a bit of a curious person who likes to play with people when needed. Since i have a lot of experience of online scams and have been purchasing stuff online for years and i was never worried about me being scammed. I proceeded to check their site which looked pretty legit at first glance and could fool anyone that doesn't check properly. I tried to click on the delivery and shipping option which was completely blank and by then i was just laughing hard at how people can be fooled this way.

Here's How the site looks like

uuIP81X.png

Here's a few clearly fake testimonials

LwTMEw1.png

Here's the info regarding shipping & delivery (It's blank)

Q5nEbP6.png

I then closed the page and proceeded to do some other work. I get a call again just few mins back from the same lady asking me to make the purchase and i replied i by saying I'd purchase only incase they offered COD(which i knew they would never do). She said she would transfer the call to some other executive which again was BS. She just passed her phone to this other lady who i could hear was right next to her. She too tried her best to convince me and said it would not be possible to offer COD since this is an "Online Contest" and only the winners can make purchase there. I was dying laughing at this point. They sounded completely stupid. She then said if she wanted she would transfer my call to some high level executive. I said okay.

The Final Chapter of a well planned scam
After 10mins of talking to those stupid ladies this guy who sounded nice was trying to educate me on how their site is new and unknown. He told me Flipkart and Amazon too were one day just like then and started growing after doing such tournaments online. I asked them why they can't deliver my product through COD and the reply was again this is some online contest and not a promotional activity or any fraud. So it requires a purchase and prize can only be processed after i place my order. He then said my ranking in this tournament was high and my prize was a Laptop from Lenovo. I replied saying the Site didn't look legit at all . For this he asked why i felt that way. I told him there's no information about shipping and delivery and neither does clicking on their social media pages takes me anywhere. By this point the guy knew i didn't fall for "eye candy" and tried to convince me by saying this site isn't completed yet and assured me there would be no frauds and that I'd get my laptop along with the Reebok shoes. I asked him why on Earth was he forcing me to order it this fast and the guy's reply was my offer was only till 6:30pm today which is again a made up sh#t. He then gives me the link to the Reebok shoes which i had to purchase. I clicked and realised instantly that they were stolen images and they did a horrible job even with that. The image was extremely grainy and not pleasing at all.

Here's the image of the product which will lead me to the Gift

F2qeun0.png

He asks to click on view assured gifts which looks like this

xN3jAmZ.png

I tried to click on the terms and conditions which wasn't even clickable lol. I asked him why wasn't the terms and conditions being shown for which his reply was that once i make my purchase it will appear. Yeah, sure it won't. I said again this looks like a clear scam and i didn't want any of his gifts. He was still trying to educate on online shopping and kept calling me educated and a great working professional (I don't even have a job). By this point i was done playing with them and told them clearly i wasn't interested in this offer and cut the call. He calls me again to tell me not to miss it. My patience had ended and i called them frauds who should be reported to the cops. Told them not to bother me again. The guy had the audacity to call me again and asked me who i was to question them and their legitamacy. I replied saying what can you do if i question and asked him to do whatever th F##k he wants to and not bother me again. Guy calls 3 more times and since my mom was nearby she too had enough of it and took my phone in her hands and proceeded to thrash him. The guy calls two more times and we didn't receive them. He ended it then.

Here's his number

MZocprR.jpg

To conclude, my intention is just to aware about this scam which is even worse than what @ramesh sky bro faced a few days back. This person was clearly harassing me without any fear and wasted well over 30mins of my time trying to force me to pay 2499. These scams happen a lot and people don't try to go to deep like i did today. My intention was just to expose how the scammers use different techniques and form a gang to do their best in scamming us. This scam is actually going to fool quite a few number of people who will just see the site and feel it's pretty legit and don't bother checking anything else like shipping etc. During my call i could hear there were many other people with them who also were trying their best to scam.

Funny thing is after he stopped calling me i tried to click on buy option which doesn't even work. :biggrin:

What led to the scam
So, i had applied for this fake Job offer on OLX which promised to pay 1 lakh guaranteed. Now i know you might ask why on Earth would anyone fall for it. I never fell for it. My intention was to know what they would ask me to do so i tried to play with them a bit and had forgotten my number was visible because of an ad that i had placed. So, the same day that i applied for this job (which was last week) i get a call from a lady who said all i had to do was some data entry of Aadhar etc. and said i would be paid 7k a week for that which is nowhere close to the promised sum. Then she also said if i logged in from other device or did too many mistakes they would charge me 4000 as penalty at which point i realised this is complete BS. I said i would register after few days which was obviously not going to happen 😅

Legit Scam game starts here
Now here's the best part. Today morning i get a call from a lady from a site called shopurdream.com which clearly sounded stupid and fake. From her voice i could make out it was the same lady that had called me regarding the job last week. She said i was one of the 5 lucky winners who won in some tournament conducted by them. She said i was chosen because i bought a product from them via Amazon/Flipkart where they were the "Seller". The gifts were Redmi Note 7, VU 43 inches TV, Lenovo Laptop and some other things. They also said my rank is high on their list 😅 so i said fine and asked what i had to do to claim the prize. The reply was I had to purchase Reebok shoes worth 2499 and had to pay for this online. I said fine and I had promised them to buy the shoes in 2 hours (again i was just messing with them).

I am a bit of a curious person who likes to play with people when needed. Since i have a lot of experience of online scams and have been purchasing stuff online for years and i was never worried about me being scammed. I proceeded to check their site which looked pretty legit at first glance and could fool anyone that doesn't check properly. I tried to click on the delivery and shipping option which was completely blank and by then i was just laughing hard at how people can be fooled this way.

Here's How the site looks like

uuIP81X.png

Here's a few clearly fake testimonials

LwTMEw1.png

Here's the info regarding shipping & delivery (It's blank)

Q5nEbP6.png

I then closed the page and proceeded to do some other work. I get a call again just few mins back from the same lady asking me to make the purchase and i replied i by saying I'd purchase only incase they offered COD(which i knew they would never do). She said she would transfer the call to some other executive which again was BS. She just passed her phone to this other lady who i could hear was right next to her. She too tried her best to convince me and said it would not be possible to offer COD since this is an "Online Contest" and only the winners can make purchase there. I was dying laughing at this point. They sounded completely stupid. She then said if she wanted she would transfer my call to some high level executive. I said okay.

The Final Chapter of a well planned scam
After 10mins of talking to those stupid ladies this guy who sounded nice was trying to educate me on how their site is new and unknown. He told me Flipkart and Amazon too were one day just like then and started growing after doing such tournaments online. I asked them why they can't deliver my product through COD and the reply was again this is some online contest and not a promotional activity or any fraud. So it requires a purchase and prize can only be processed after i place my order. He then said my ranking in this tournament was high and my prize was a Laptop from Lenovo. I replied saying the Site didn't look legit at all . For this he asked why i felt that way. I told him there's no information about shipping and delivery and neither does clicking on their social media pages takes me anywhere. By this point the guy knew i didn't fall for "eye candy" and tried to convince me by saying this site isn't completed yet and assured me there would be no frauds and that I'd get my laptop along with the Reebok shoes. I asked him why on Earth was he forcing me to order it this fast and the guy's reply was my offer was only till 6:30pm today which is again a made up sh#t. He then gives me the link to the Reebok shoes which i had to purchase. I clicked and realised instantly that they were stolen images and they did a horrible job even with that. The image was extremely grainy and not pleasing at all.

Here's the image of the product which will lead me to the Gift

F2qeun0.png

He asks to click on view assured gifts which looks like this

xN3jAmZ.png

I tried to click on the terms and conditions which wasn't even clickable lol. I asked him why wasn't the terms and conditions being shown for which his reply was that once i make my purchase it will appear. Yeah, sure it won't. I said again this looks like a clear scam and i didn't want any of his gifts. He was still trying to educate on online shopping and kept calling me educated and a great working professional (I don't even have a job). By this point i was done playing with them and told them clearly i wasn't interested in this offer and cut the call. He calls me again to tell me not to miss it. My patience had ended and i called them frauds who should be reported to the cops. Told them not to bother me again. The guy had the audacity to call me again and asked me who i was to question them and their legitamacy. I replied saying what can you do if i question and asked him to do whatever th F##k he wants to and not bother me again. Guy calls 3 more times and since my mom was nearby she too had enough of it and took my phone in her hands and proceeded to thrash him. The guy calls two more times and we didn't receive them. He ended it then.

Here's his number

MZocprR.jpg

To conclude, my intention is just to aware about this scam which is even worse than what @ramesh sky bro faced a few days back. This person was clearly harassing me without any fear and wasted well over 30mins of my time trying to force me to pay 2499. These scams happen a lot and people don't try to go to deep like i did today. My intention was just to expose how the scammers use different techniques and form a gang to do their best in scamming us. This scam is actually going to fool quite a few number of people who will just see the site and feel it's pretty legit and don't bother checking anything else like shipping etc. During my call i could hear there were many other people with them who also were trying their best to scam.

Funny thing is after he stopped calling me i tried to click on buy option which doesn't even work. :biggrin:

This is insane and thanks buddy for the post. Buy button not working was something 'outstanding'

I posted about this on general chat. Team deleted it. I have been recieving calls since May 2018. Just tell them your uncle works at cyber cell. They will instantly disconnect and stop calling you.

I posted about this on general chat. Team deleted it. I have been recieving calls since May 2018. Just tell them your uncle works at cyber cell. They will instantly disconnect and stop calling you.
Now they have the audacity to question us man. They're so fearless that they questioned me who tf i am to question their legitimacy and he spoke really harsh. I haven't had such a conversation on the phone for a very long time. They were cheap even when my mom picked the call. Which customer service executive questions the customer in return? I have never experienced this. The guy seriously needs to get an education to make this scam be fool proof. He's not fit for the role. IMO this guy is their manager or something and he hired a few ladies with low IQ and speak hindi with a very strong accent. The reason to hire females is simply cuz majority of the men can easily fall for a female voice and might well end up buying this crap.

Good Take Care further @shreyaskini bro..

Frankly Bro..

Im not going with any offer given by Fake Sites or Officials sites Like Amazon Google Pay or etc etc
Bro i have never fallen for such scams. Each time i avoid but this time i took on them for the sole purpose of exposing their ways. We need to educate people who might just be purchasing for the first time and might never even think of getting anything online after such an experience.

Last edited:
@shreyaskini Bro U should have avoided posting this link openly because it may create bad impact on our forum and also everyone knows that this is fraud link so I request you to kindly remove it.

P.S.- Don't take this post in a wrong way.

Edit: Thanks Bro for removing that link.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock