Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics - News & Updates

Vivek3457789

Contributor
Reaction score
“I believe it will definitely pose some challenge to our efforts to prevent and control the virus, but as China has experience in preventing and controlling the coronavirus, I fully believe that China will be able to host the Winter Olympics as scheduled, smoothly and successfully,” Zhao said.

Beijing is set to stage the Games from February 4 to February 20, without foreign spectators and with all athletes and related personnel contained in a “closed-loop” and subject to daily testing for COVID-19.

The Indian Olympic Association of India (IOA) on Monday appointed Ice Hockey Association of India’s general secretary, Harjinder Singh, as the Chef de Mission of the country’s contingent for the upcoming 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.

Singh was the Chef de Mission of the Indian contingent for the 23rd Winter Olympic Games too, which was held in Pyeongchang, South Korea in 2018.

Offtopic: Why can't we have beach olympics when we can have both Summer and Winter Olympics? I swear I could stick to my television watching that all day long. Even IOC knows how popular these events are. Most of the highlights of beach olympics are always uploaded in full length on their youtube channels.

China on Monday announced that it will not sell the tickets for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics and Paralympics scheduled for the upcoming month of February to the general public as the highly mutated and contagious B.1.1.529 Omicron strain has been spreading rapidly across several Chinese cities prompting fresh curbs.

Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock