Banned Pakistani spinner Danish Kaneria appeals to BCCI for help

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Banned Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria has reportedly sought the help of powerful Indian cricket board so that his honour is restored and return to the game he loved.

Currently in India on a "religious trip," the 31-year-old told the Times of India, "I've got so much love from India every time I come here. Though I'm not scheduled to meet any BCCI officials, I won't mind meeting them on this trip. I appeal to the Indian board to help me out, because they've the power to do so."

He was banned by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) for life for allegedly indulging in spot-fixing in a NatWest Pro40 game while playing for Essex against Durham.

And ever since, the spinner has been fighting to 'restore his honour' and return to the game, but unluckily has received 'little help' from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the International Cricket Council (ICC).

If the ban was enough, he is facing another case in the Sindh High Court where the ECB has filed a petition for recovery of fines and costs of the case totaling over 200,000 pounds.

And according to Kaneria’s earlier statements, his involvement in the match-fixing is yet to be proven in a court of law, but the PCB and the ECB have maintained their life ban on him.

Speculations have been rife over the real purpose of the visit to India as Kaneria had earlier this year reportedly said he would have got more justice in India being a Hindu by faith.

Danish is only the second Hindu after Anil Dalpat to play for Pakistan and took 261 wickets in 62 matches.

Banned Pakistani spinner Danish Kaneria appeals to BCCI for help: Report | Zee News

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock