Bangladesh bowling coach offer surprises Venkatesh Prasad

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Venkatesh Prasad, the former India pacer, said on Tuesday (May 24) the news of his name being linked to the role of Bangladesh bowling coach has come as a "pleasant surprise" but insisted he is more keen on contributing to Indian cricket.

Bangladesh Cricket Board Cricket Operations chief Akram Khan told a news agency on Tuesday that their board is mulling Prasad among four to replace Heath Streak as bowling coach. The other candidates included Sri Lanka's Champaka Ramanayake, Chaminda Vaas and Pakistan's Aaqib Javed.

"This news comes to me as a pleasant surprise," Prasad told TOI. "I've not applied for the Bangladesh job as I always been expressing my desire to coach Team India bowlers. BCB may have expressed interest looking at my credentials as a coach," said Prasad, who currently heads the India U-19 selection committee.

Prasad, who holds an impressive resume having coached the Indian team bowlers from 2007 to 2009 and guided the U-19 side to the final of the 2006 World Cup, said: "I consider myself privileged to be coaching a national team. Having said that my aspiration is to contribute to Indian cricket."

Earlier, Prasad, who has also coached the Uttar Pradesh Ranji team and IPL teams Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chennai Super Kings, had expressed interest in a coaching role with Team India or at the National Cricket Academy. Meanwhile, it is learnt that Zimbabwean Streak has applied for NCA's bowling coach's post that is lying vacant after TA Sekhar refused the offer.

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/80160/Bangladesh-bowling-coach-offer-surprises-Venkatesh-Prasad?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CricbuzzFeed+%28Cricbuzz%3A+Cricket+Scores+and+News%29

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock