• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 2,878

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Bajaj has become the first mainstream Indian motorcycle brand to enter the electric space and simultaneously return to the scooter segment with its new Urbanite sub-division. And the first product from this brand is the Chetak – a nameplate that returns after almost 14 years.

Production for the scooter began on September 25, 2019, and Bajaj has said that the electric Chetak's price will be revealed at its Pune launch in January 2020. The scooter will be positioned as a premium product and Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto was quoted as saying, "I hesitate to call it an aggressive price, but we'll price it attractively. It's not going to be as high as Rs 1.5 lakh." After Pune, Bajaj will move on to Bengaluru as the company wants to study market response before moving to other cities. The scooter also qualifies for the FAME II subsidy.

Bajaj Chetak electric scooter revealed

• The new Chetak will be available with two variants which will offer range of 85 kilometre and 95 kilometre, respectively
  • Bajaj stopped manufacturing traditional scooters around 2009, in order to focus more on motorcycles segment
roKgfVg.jpg

'Hamara Bajaj' is back with electric scooter Chetak; sale starts from January

E-scooter so only e-booking.:LOL:

Vespa scooters also costs over a lakh bro.
Vespa is premium. While Bajaj is Hamara (Ours). How many Vespa's do you see on the streets? I have never seen more than 3 Vespa's on streets at a time.

Vespa is premium. While Bajaj is Hamara (Ours). How many Vespa's do you see on the streets? I have never seen more than 3 Vespa's on streets at a time.
They 'used to be' premium once upon a time. A few decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock