Arnab Goswami to get Y category security cover over threat from Pak-based terror grou

amarnathkvk

Reaction score
[font=Roboto, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Roboto, sans-serif]Arnab Goswami will get 24-hour protection from around 20 security personnel, including two personal security officers, who will guard him from close distance.[/font][/font][/size]

Times NOW editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami will receive “Y category” security cover from the government after the Intelligence Bureau perceived a threat to his life from “Pakistan based terrorists groups”, the Hindustan Times reported. The journalist will get 24-hour protection from around 20 security personnel, including two personal security officers, who will guard him from close distance.

[size=medium]“Goswami is being given security on the basis of a threat-perception analysis by the IB. We will go by the IB recommendation. He faces threats from Pakistan-based terrorist groups due to his comments against them on Times Now,” a Union Home Ministry official, who did not want to be identified as he is not authorised to speak to the media, told the Hindustan Times.[/size]

The journalist, who is known for his prime time news-hour debates, has been very vocal against terrorists organisations and Pakistan since Uri terror attacks on 18th September in which 19 army soldiers lost their lives. Goswami, who is based out of Mumbai, has not yet commented on the development. His security is likely to be looked after by the Maharashtra government.
[size=medium]Apart from Arnab Goswami, other journalists who receive similar covers include Zee News’s Sudhir Chaudhary (’X’ category), Samachar Plus’s Umesh Kumar (’Y’ category) and Ashwini Kumar Chopra (’Z Plus’ category).[/size]

[size=medium]http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-threat-from-pak-based-terror-groups-3086992/[/size]

Not only Pak terrosrist groups. He will be under threat from gundas like Jitendra Avhad whom he insulted on newshour

:rofl :rofl :rofl
an oversmart So called news anchor always shout on others..
it bound to happen!!!

20 ppl protecting arnab goswami :hehe

It was bound to hppn... the way he deals with his guests... !! I think he has more internal threats than threats from Pakistan :lol

I hope, he is soft on those 20 guards. ears... and doesn't shout too much on them. :D

I got a threat call from +401 number. How to get Z+ security for me ?  :shy

Arnab is a soft spoken mad outside the office. M a journalist and saying by my experience

shawl_who said:
20 ppl protecting arnab goswami :hehe

It was bound to hppn... the way he deals with his guests... !! I think he has more internal threats than threats from Pakistan :lol

I hope, he  is soft on those 20 guards. ears... and doesn't shout too much on them. :D

he is a very calm and soft spoken person outside newshour...
I agree he has taken panga with lots of politicians & other people on newshour and they are a big threat to him other than Pak.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock