Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) by RBI

• Thread starter A^00P
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 1,208

A^00P

Reaction score
Hi

With emergence Bitcoins which where seen buy lots of government around world as a direct challenge towards there authority , Gov/Central bank around world are toying with idea of central bank digital currency (CBDC).Infact china has already started experimental use of it .Indian gov/RBI has allready expressed they would launch there version of it soon...

With rising digitalization we have seen recent events around world where you as person can be blocked by gov authorization from your accounts to withdraw your money if you act/participate/help/supports events which gov can considerer as threat to its functioning or authority.But at current this doesnot stops you to use money which you have with yourself

But what would happen in case with CBDC partially (and in future fully) replaces current paper money.What happens when gov nocks you out or what happens when or when some foreign organization blocks you out as because it gov ask it.....

Kindly remember that there wont be always a gov which one favors .there would be time when some other party would be governing you....

So i have more Apprehension about CBDC then .

Let me know your views about it

It is the first bank in both the public and commercial sectors to offer this feature via its CBDC mobile app called the Canara Digital Rupee app, according to a company release.

New Functionaliity > CBDC - UPI Interoperatability (Option for Payment to any UPI QR directly through Digital Rupee - CBDC)

App link:

Has anyone tried CBDC?

It's nothing but a wallet amount except it has legal tender.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock