App-only policy irks many online shoppers

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Pratishtha Maharaj, a Bengaluru homemaker, had difficulty last week trying to buy clothes from Flipkart. "I could not open the website on the browser of my phone. I was asked to download the app. But due to low storage on my phone, I could not," she said, adding, "I bought a similar product from Amazon.in's website."

With traffic from mobile devices on the rise, e-commerce companies are pushing users to download apps by offering app-only discounts or discontinuing mobile phone websites.They want a grip on spending and better mining of customer data, but experts said an app-only strategy might not be the best.

Advertisement

Indian e-commerce is ahead of China and the US in sales from mobile phones and apps. Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce giant, receives a little over 30 per cent of its gross merchandise value from mobile phones and apps. The majority of Indian e-commerce companies report over 60 per cent sales on non-desktop platforms.
Read more at
http://wap.business-standard.com/article/companies/app-only-policy-irks-many-online-shoppers-115041100818_1.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock