Anyone into farming? I want to buy agricultural land :)

• Thread starter nulll
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 2,022

nulll

Reaction score
I want to get into farming and would like to buy some agricultural land, preferably in south India, with the following conditions
- has adequate water (i.e., not barren land)
- has road connectivity (not somewhere in the middle of nowhere OR its close to the road, but has no road access because someone else's land is blocking the way)
- has electricity / power access, if not in the land, at least somewhere close by so that a connection can be taken
- cant afford to buy land paying 5 lakh or 10 lakh per acre. It should be reasonably priced so that I can afford it

Other thought I get is I should look for land by the side of a river (so that there is water always) or sea facing (would be wonderful to see the sea everyday), but it comes with its own risk in terms of flood/cyclone etc. But still would be keen on exploring this option. Again, above conditions need to be met :)

So, anyone into full time / regular farming here? What do you grow? How realistic is this thought (I know its stupid at this point, but 10-15 years down the line, I think, farming will be back into glory with high tech cultivation methods to address the growing need for food)?

Also, importantly, anyone here knows about land availability (in the range of 1-3 lakhs/acre and some 4-8 acres in one place, what is being/can be grown there etc)?

All kinds of feedback & experiences are welcome. Message me if you are not comfortable in discussing this on the forum :)

PS: I have some background in this area coz of my extended family, even though I don't have any hands-on experience.

@Dipjyoti Roy what is this then? You and Dad were both playing Farmville?
I am really upset about reading about school above. I couldn't afford school. I had to work hard in the fields with my dad to put food on the table. We didn't even had a table. We had to put everything on the floor. :sad: I hope I'll become some minister someday or maybe an actor. :tup: I don't know the difference. :tongue2:

I am more into virtual farming. You know Farm Story, Farmville, Hay Day.

I am really upset about reading about school above. I couldn't afford school. I had to work hard in the fields with my dad to put food on the table. We didn't even had a table. We had to put everything on the floor. :sad: I hope I'll become some minister someday or maybe an actor. :tup: I don't know the difference. :tongue2:

Then why did u keep making such posts ☝

I want to get into farming and would like to buy some agricultural land, preferably in south India, with the following conditions
- cant afford to buy land paying 5 lakh or 10 lakh per acre. It should be reasonably priced so that I can afford it

PS: I have some background in this area coz of my extended family, even though I don't have any hands-on experience.

You are really looking for quite a cheap land. I dont know about prices in South India. Best of luck if you get it at your price point. I'm looking at the same price point in Uttrakhand as this is the only state which allows Hemp produce which is going to be the next big thing in farming.

Jokes aside my extensive family is into farming. They grow rice, breed fish and chicken. The deal is only person with farming knowledge of the area will help you. @shreyaskini my dad struggle through life bro. He has done everything from farming to working for the government where he lost his job because of conspiracy. Yes, we are into farming. Currently we have given our land to poor to grow rice as no one else can as the males in the family has various jobs. We also got our own tea garden. PS it's currently abandoned.

Then why did u keep making such posts ☝
Half of it was joke. Most of it was true. And the post was intended as joke. I am a great actor and wants to be a great director.

Jokes aside my extensive family is into farming. They grow rice, breed fish and chicken. The deal is only person with farming knowledge of the area will help you. @shreyaskini my dad struggle through life bro. He has done everything from farming to working for the government where he lost his job because of conspiracy. Yes, we are into farming. Currently we have given our land to poor to grow rice as no one else can. We also got our own tea garden.
Dude that post looks real serious and not like a troll post. I swear i really thought you were also into farming. Moreover you said you couldn't afford school. Beware next time when you make such statements. Someone will remember it for lifetime. 😉

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock