• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 584

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score

Andy Flower appointed as technical director of elite coaching by ECB

flower300.jpg

London: Former England head coach Andy Flower was appointed to a new role within the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) hierarchy after officials announced Monday he'd become their technicAndy Flower appointed as technical director of elite coaching by ECB | Cricket - News | NDTVSports.comal director of elite coaching.

Flower resigned last month as coach of the national side following the team's humiliating 5-0 Ashes series loss in Australia, a reverse that also signalled the end of star batsman Kevin Pietersen's international career.

But at the time of his departure from the coaching role, English cricket chiefs made it clear they wanted Flower to stay on in another capacity and ECB managing director Paul Downton said Monday: "The ECB is delighted that we are able to retain a man of Andy Flower's experience and quality.

Meanwhile former Zimbabwe batsman Flower added: "I see this as a great opportunity for me as I start a new phase of my career."

England have yet to appoint a full-time head coach in succession to Flower.

Andy Flower appointed as technical director of elite coaching by ECB | Cricket - News | NDTVSports.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock