Android tablets now outselling iPad and others

iS THAT ME

Reaction score
Android tablets now outselling iPad and others

Yee-Kuan Lau, market analyst for IDC ANZ, said: "Most new entrants started off by introducing WiFi only media tablets in early 2011 and this has gradually increased the WiFi-only unit share. At the same time, the WiFi/3G unit share started decreasing after the low cost media tablets such as Optus MyTab and Telstra T-Touch were discontinued."

He added: "The cheaper price point of WiFi-only models appealed as a gift option during the Christmas season and some vendors took advantage of that by introducing price promotions."

According to IDC a total of 1.67 million tablets were sold in Australia and New Zealand in 2011, 91.3 percent of them in Australia. Second half sales were up 147 percent on the second half of 2010.

In Q4 the iPad2 accounted for almost 84 percent of total sales and Android tablets 15 percent. In the Android segment Acer made the top position by a small margin, followed closely by Motorola and Asus

Samsung, which rejoined the market only in mid-December, managed to climb to fourth place in the Android media tablet market driven by the free publicity from the media coverage of a well-publicised Federal Court case against Apple over patents, IDC said.

IDC expects the Australian media tablet market to expand 50 percent year-on-year in 2012, while the New Zealand market is expected to bounce back from the impacts of the Christchurch earthquake with 70 percent year-on-year growth.

Source : iTWire

Android is a stable OS... although i heard abt bugs in it but i hope the development team have worked and solved issues regarding it

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock