Amazon Pharmacy: News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 49
  • Views: Views 6,447
@rohitvatsa , in all medicine we not get 50 % of margin. In ethical brands, we get 20% only. Here I giving all the costomers 10 % discount. And the discount is the retailers choice. In this the Rmp doctors , gaining more. (False doctors)
That's what i said the lesser known medicine companies give more margin to dealers/chemists.But in Bangalore at most of the places you will get 10% discount only if you don't ask for bill.

I don't agree with this.Most of the chemists(Except the famed ones like MedPlus) in Bangalore will give you a discount of 10% only if you do not ask for bill which imo is unethical and is basically tax evasion.Moreover,the margins for Chemists are in the range of 50-60% depending on how obscure the medicine company is.The main reason why online medicine platforms gained traction was because people are aware of the huge margins.Yes,it kills the local shops but then to stay competitive you need to change.
I agree 100% with you,

In Bangalore, unless you ask discount, they wont offer any and some of chemist refuses bluntly stating they dont have discounts.

Example:
I went to ENT hospital last time, thought of buying medicine from the chemist in hospital itself ( so I can start medication immediately), Chemist refused discounts. I bought same medicine with Pharmeasy (Delivered by evening) with 15% discount.

I don't understand what this fuss about online pharmacy is. Many shop in my city aren't even giving discount upon asking. Some give from their own side(With bill). For others, it's like they are doing a favour to me. I had brought some vitamin(B 12) from a shop. Then went back to return after exactly one month in exchange for another brand. He refused to take them back and said it's not a product he sold(Strange when i had bill). I lost 250 there. Some local shops and branded shop like Apolo, Medplus etc are good. Others are just bad. The monopoly should end. I hope these online pharmacy will do what Ola, Uber did with city transport. Specially in my city.

Big companies like Amazon are bending the rules & regulations made for protecting small retailers and that's the concern.
Source
They have tried to be in every space. Ecommerce, Ebook store, Smart Devices, Video Streaming, Audio Streaming, Payments, FMGC, Food Delivery and now Pharmacy. I feel like CCI is taking a Kumbh Karan nap. There is that BBK Electronics dominating the smartphone space with multiple sub brands while facing no consequences.

Last edited:
Now Live in Delhi-NCR & Karnataka.

VO3YUDZ.png

Many shops give 10% off as a regular discount but there is 20% off on bulk order of more than 1000Rs. Would like to see Amazon pharmacy launching in other states and have some more offers for bulk orders.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock