Amazon Pharmacy: News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 56
  • Views: Views 7,523
Ordered a simple topical cream that shouldn't have required prescription but it was needed here. So selected consultation call to generate prescription and that call didn't come. Chosen slot period expired and new time given by cc also expired. Delivery date postponed by 1 day because it's still not verified. This was my first Amazon Pharmacy order.

Verification and consultation calls take literally less than 2 minutes after placing order on Apollo Pharmacy, it's about same or a little longer for Tata 1mg and Netmeds but Amazon comes last in- Tele Consultation, Medicines availability, Delivery speed

Ordered a simple topical cream that shouldn't have required prescription but it was needed here. So selected consultation call to generate prescription and that call didn't come. Chosen slot period expired and new time given by cc also expired. Delivery date postponed by 1 day because it's still not verified. This was my first Amazon Pharmacy order.

Verification and consultation calls take literally less than 2 minutes after placing order on Apollo Pharmacy, it's about same or a little longer for Tata 1mg and Netmeds but Amazon comes last in- Tele Consultation, Medicines availability, Delivery speed
Don't go for such long process..just cancel the order and re order after few minutes if any other vendors avail...even with same vendor also will do fine..

I prefer offline stores to buy medicines they usually give 10% off.

IDK whether it's true or not, my mother always complains online ordered medicines aren't as effective as offline.

Amazon doctor even gave me his personal number for consultation. 😂

The call for me usually happens at time mentioned. Sometimes there is issue on server.
I prefer offline stores to buy medicines they usually give 10% off.

IDK whether it's true or not, my mother always complains online ordered medicines aren't as effective as offline.
It's a mindset issue. Online is much safer than offline. You actually get to know about the company before buying. You can also look out for proper composition and cheaper alternatives. My uncle both an antifungal cream using prescription from pharmacy. He failed to notice additional composition on the tube which made his fungus worse. Only after after six months I saw the tube and highlighted this to him. Now he is using the correct prescription and fungus is gone. This is the case with offline. No accountability over customer's life. They will do anything to make a buck. I am not generalising pharmacist. Most of them are genuinely nice. They help poor by offering medicine at lowest comission possible. While giving you medicines at loose and also in credit. But am highlighting the ugly truth.

It's a mindset issue. Online is much safer than offline. You actually get to know about the company before buying. You can also look out for proper composition and cheaper alternatives. My uncle both an antifungal cream using prescription from pharmacy. He failed to notice additional composition on the tube which made his fungus worse. Only after after six months I saw the tube and highlighted this to him. Now he is using the correct prescription and fungus is gone. This is the case with offline. No accountability over customer's life. They will do anything to make a buck. I am not generalising pharmacist. Most of them are genuinely nice. They help poor by offering medicine at lowest comission possible. While giving you medicines at loose and also in credit. But am highlighting the ugly truth.
Totally agree that some pharmacists do it. They can give different composition arbitrarily at their discretion without saying anything or sometimes even saying it's the same thing. I was once given completely different anti parasitic med for profit because it was more than double in price, thankfully I checked and found that before consuming. But there are others also who simply decline if they do not have same salts or offer cheaper alternate brands.

However, my trust in online pharmacies is also a bit shaken after raids on manufacturers and discovery of plain white powder instead of actual medicines. Now I take an additional step of checking the manufacturer brand before ordering. It's still better because being online, they are subject to more scrutiny and platforms like 1mg, Apollo also say that they do their quality checks before selling.

This is off topic but since we are discussing online pharmacies, How is Trumeds?? Their prices are cheapest across everywhere, in fact it's too low to believe. Is that genuine?

Last edited:
This is off topic but since we are discussing online pharmacies, How is Trumeds?? Their prices are cheapest across everywhere, in fact it's too low to believe. Is that genuine?
Dunno know. Never tried. I order from Amazon Pharmacy become of Prime. Usually I order from pharmeasy, netmeds, sasta sundar (now Flipkart Health). I have noticed products of Netmeds are just months away from being expired.

Truemeds prices r cheaper even for prescribed medicines.
.minimum order should be 700/- for free delivery...
Alternative medicines also avail...they also effective...I am using them...
Bad thing is their ads and once we keep any medicine in cart then comes their calls...that's irritating...even if we don't pay they send the medicine as COD on their own..we don't get cancel option...that's also irritating...
For single medicine I go for Amazon itself..there I get discount and free delivery...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock