• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 49
  • Views: Views 6,446

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
E-commerce firm Amazon India has launched Amazon Pharmacy, marking its entry into the online medicine segment that has significant gained momentum during the covid-19 led lockdown and even after unlocking.

It has launched the online pharmacy service in Bengaluru to begin with, and may conduct pilots in other cities too going forward.

Amazon India launches online pharmacy service

We know the medical shop price of a medicine is 500% more than factory out. Online pharms can sell at 150%.

Amazon.in: Prescription Medication: Health & Personal Care

2gGyanh.jpg

Couldn't find any medicine I searched for.

We(chemist) are against e-pharmacy.
Agree. Ecommerce platforms are getting too much freedom. Why do they get opportunity to sell everything? They are selling food items groceries to electronics to even pet food. Why should one or two company have monopoly over every space?

Coming to offline pharmacies. They provide you personal service. Directs you how to take the medicines. Takes back medicine when not required. My aunt passed away from cancer last year. We had medicines, salines and other stuff worth thousands. We returned and got some money back. Bet the online guys won't do that. Also genuine 10% discount is always given.

Also genuine 10% discount is always given.
I don't agree with this.Most of the chemists(Except the famed ones like MedPlus) in Bangalore will give you a discount of 10% only if you do not ask for bill which imo is unethical and is basically tax evasion.Moreover,the margins for Chemists are in the range of 50-60% depending on how obscure the medicine company is.The main reason why online medicine platforms gained traction was because people are aware of the huge margins.Yes,it kills the local shops but then to stay competitive you need to change.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock