Seeking Help Amazon delivery delayed. Happens quite frequently

thisisjagan

Reaction score
Friends,

I am a Amazon prime customer, I ordered some product on 9th October and the initial email said it will be delivered by 12th to 13th October. I received an SMS stating it will be delivered by 9:00 PM yesterday. I havent received the product yet. Surprisingly the delivery date is now extended to Friday, 19th of October.

I have contacted Customer Care multiple times and they provided fake deadlines. After a long struggle and long discussion (more than an hour over chat), they agreed to deliver by 11 AM tomorrow.

This is happening frequently and I usually ignore but this time I had to leave the town tomorrow, so I had to escalate.

Can you guys let me know if you have had this problem before? Have you received any compensation?

I remember, Amazon used to provide Gift Card as compensation. But they denied even after I argued.

Edit: The conversation continued for an hour. The agent escalated and I got a call from Hub immediately. After I requested for my Prime validaty extension, he extended by 1 month. Thanks to google. I got a month for free though I spent an hour for explaining.

Last edited:
Could be delay due to huge festive sales and delivery rush. However amazon hires additional people for delivery during sales or festive season. Also could be some issue with delivery person end, but generally they request our confirmation before moving it to next day.

For me amazon orders are delivered with almost 100% accurate timing even with 1 days deliveries or pantry deliveries.

Could be delay due to huge festive sales and delivery rush. However amazon hires additional people for delivery during sales or festive season. Also could be some issue with delivery person end, but generally they request our confirmation before moving it to next day.

For me amazon orders are delivered with almost 100% accurate timing even with 1 days deliveries or pantry deliveries.
Yeah, correct bro. I am surprised because the order reached the hub near my home. Its just 15mins from my home. Further, the status changed to Out for delivery. For some reason the delivery agent delays. They come in a Tata Ace. My area is bit far from Main road. they feel lazy and delay the delivery intentionally. Sometimes they mark as delivered and come by bike the next day and deliver.

Never happened with me. Always get the product after 2 days & sometimes earlier also. I like Amazon's delivery the most.
The Hub employees are the ones to blame. When I order to my office, it comes as per schedule and early too. When I order to my home, I get this problem.

They used to do delayed deliveries here as well but now a days they do early delivery, atleast 1 day before the expected delivery date.

It depends on local amazon transportation service guys i think.

For me, it was too many delayed deliveries! Approx 10-12 deliveries were delayed out of 86 orders (including few mobile recharges) in this year . They even provided a 'Fake failed delivery'* a month ago.
I have so many heated arguments over 20-25 hours without any solution and compensation.
*They missed the 'Expected delivery date'. Requested to wait another 6 'working days', failed that too. Then they informed me it was 'Lost in transit' (April'18).
Again same thing happened in Aug. After the 2nd promised date (6 days) passed, shared them previous incident. They immediately 'arranged' a delivery very next day at my office address. But the delivery boy didn't deliver saying that the OTP isn't matching (I wasn't there at that time). I got a message something like this: The order is returning to seller since you 'Denied to accept the delivery'. (The delivery boy didn't have the product with him and my 'Denial' was only to save their back and establish that amazon is clean)! I was furious, never thought I'd say those slangs to anyone.

Last edited:
For me, it was too many delayed deliveries! Approx 10-12 deliveries were delayed out of 86 orders in this year (including few mobile recharges). They even provided a 'Fake failed delivery'* a month ago.
I have so many heated arguments over 20-25 hours without any solution and compensation.
*They missed the 'Expected delivery date'. Requested to wait another 6 'working days', failed that too. Then they informed me it was 'Lost in transit' (April'18).
Again same thing happened in Aug. After the 2nd promised date (6 days) passed, shared them previous incident. They immediately 'arranged' a delivery very next day at my office address. But the delivery boy didn't deliver saying that the OTP isn't matching (I wasn't there at that time). I got a message something like this: The order is returning to seller since you 'Denied to accept the delivery'. (The delivery boy didn't have the product with him and my 'Denial' was only to save their back and establish that amazon is clean)! I was furious, never thought I'd say those slangs to anyone.
You have a bitter experience than me. My wife is eager to receive the product tomorrow. If it gets delayed again tomorrow, I'm going to stop using Amazon slowly.

Amazon Prime is no good anymore. Despite having Amazon Prime. They are delivering stuff on Great Indian sale only after 20th. Flipkart is worse. Shipments from Kolkata to Guwahati takes 5 days. They even somehow manages to exceed the last date in such short distance. On calling them they tells me you are not the only one ordering stuff.

Off topic. I am not trying to be racist but realistic here. People from East-India should boycott these e-commerce sites. We want to buy stuff for Durga Puja. Not on Durga Puja. Last year I had to wear mostly old clothes during Puja because I foolishly bought everything off Myntra and got it delivered on the day of Lakshmi Puja.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock