• Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Allahabad renamed as Prayagraj

DreamFan

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
Months after Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Siddharth Nath Singh recommended that the name of Allahabad should be changed to Prayag, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Saturday said that the name of the city will be changed to Prayag Raj if there’s consensus on the same.

News agency ANI quoted the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister as saying, “Two holy rivers, Ganga and Yamuna, join in Allahabad and hence there’s ‘raj’ of all ‘prayag’ (confluence of rivers). And therefore, Allahabad is also known as Prayag Raj”.
If everyone agrees, Allahabad can be known as Prayag Raj, says UP CM Yogi Adityanath
Allahabad to be renamed Prayagraj very soon, says Yogi Adityanath

Last edited:

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Reaction score
That's not news. That's just irrelevant.

hike

Guru
Solutions
Reaction score
Changes are good and they must happen too. And, if they think it will help in changing state of holy river then it's good.

hike

Guru
Solutions
Reaction score
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.

Briefing reporters after the meeting, senior Cabinet minister Siddhartha Nath Singh said, "The renaming of Allahabad as Prayagraj before Kumbh Mela came for approval in the meeting and I am happy to say Allahabad will now be known as Prayagraj." "Rig Veda, Mahabharat and Ramayana also mention Prayagraj (for Allahabad)," he noted.
Allahabad is now Prayagraj, Yogi Adityanath Cabinet clears renaming proposal

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Reaction score
Our government always ruins good names buy Indianizing them. I prefer Bangalore and Calcutta any day over Bengaluru and Kolkata.

hike

Guru
Solutions
Reaction score
Our government always ruins good names buy Indianizing them. I prefer Bangalore and Calcutta any day over Bengaluru and Kolkata.
Oh come-on bro it's good if something good is happening.

Top Bottom