All bank customers to be nudged towards netbanking by 31st March

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
At an internal review meeting last week, presentations on digital banking were made to Union minister for electronics and IT, Ravi Shankar Prasad. According to sources, it was decided that all banks will be instructed to make all accounts Netbanking enabled by 31 March. At present, there are 30-35% of accounts in which customers have opted not to enable Netbanking.

“Banks are being instructed to persuade people to enable Netbanking,“ an official said. He added that a person who has downloaded the BHIM app and wants to transact but doesn't have Netbanking facility will be allowed to conduct the transaction by the bankers if the person's telephone number is authenticated in the system.

The success rate of BHIM app has been high. So far, there have been almost 1.72-crore downloads and financial transactions to the tune of Rs 958 crore since it was launched. In February alone, Rs 595 crore worth of transaction was done through BHIM.

The minister will meet with all bankers to sort out all the issues on this front in the second week of March.

The government's drive towards electronic transactions gathered pace after the demonetisation exercise announced on 8 November.

All bank customers to be nudged towards netbanking, Telecom News, ET Telecom

Reactions: Omi
So what if someone don't want to enable net banking on his account?

Bapun Raz said:
So what if someone don't want to enable net banking on his account?

+1 :huh I've same doubt :-/

I think Govt is pushing netbanking so that Banks don't have to pay to mastercard or Visa hundreds of crore per month as fee and everything happens domestically

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock