Discussion Airtel wants to increase data prices to ₹100 per GB, Sunil Mittal asks subscribers to ‘prepare to pay a lot more’

Price hike in a time like this where work from home is the new normal is absolutely foolish. Considering the state of economy and the loss of millions of job, they should delay any kind of price hike by at least 1 year from end of corona pandemic.
They know. People will shop less but will still happily pay for their internet.

That's old postpaid system ur talking about .. that's a failed one Telecom have loophole to loot the customer in data usuage .. ex) for the entire month if customer consumed 3gb then Telecom will give bill for 6 gb we have no other choice to pay the same coz till now we don't have legal application to check data consumption if means too telecom won't accept that
Is any third party app available where we can verify how much data we have consumed/downloaded

Is any third party app available where we can verify how much data we have consumed/downloaded
Isn't that is present in every android phone? Like in the name of data limit?

N number of applications are there but none of them are trustworthy as far as I know

But still broadband is more costlier than mobile data
50mbps broadband plans are given for 500 by many ISPs these days. That will be shared among 3 people will bring it down further, keeping mobile data only for limited outdoor usage. Pay as you go or Addon plans will help in such scenarios.

50mbps broadband plans are given for 500 by many ISPs these days. That will be shared among 3 people will bring it down further, keeping mobile data only for limited outdoor usage. Pay as you go or Addon plans will help in such scenarios.
Yes, broadband is always better and best in current scenario where we are working from home, I pay 1075 for 100 Mbps for 1 TB data, used by 2 laptops for work, 4 kids for online classes through laptop, and another 6 mobile phones are connected to same WiFi and there are two smart tv which are streaming content for almost whole day because of kids. But never faced data fup challenge, and lowered all prepaid plans to lowest domination possible which gives the maximum voice call, already saving more than 1000 per month.

But this is possible in some places, all cities or tier 2 cities don't have good connectivity, I have been trying to get fiber connection in Raipur so that I can shift there to be with my parents but have been holding because of that

Yes, broadband is always better and best in current scenario where we are working from home, I pay 1075 for 100 Mbps for 1 TB data, used by 2 laptops for work, 4 kids for online classes through laptop, and another 6 mobile phones are connected to same WiFi and there are two smart tv which are streaming content for almost whole day because of kids. But never faced data fup challenge, and lowered all prepaid plans to lowest domination possible which gives the maximum voice call, already saving more than 1000 per month.

But this is possible in some places, all cities or tier 2 cities don't have good connectivity, I have been trying to get fiber connection in Raipur so that I can shift there to be with my parents but have been holding because of that
Wow, our requirements matches almost exactly. Also, I can recite almost all of cocomelon rhymes by heart (and actions) :)

Broadband maybe a better option, but only for Tier-1 cities. In rest of the country, Broadband is still very expensive. Here we get only 10 mbps @₹999+Taxes.

JIO says they want every Indian to do Datagiri in Internet world
but Ppl like sunil mittal wants to do only Dadagiri on common man of india by making internet expensive n looting ppl as much as possible

I understand what you are saying but are you aware of what might be the intent of JIO?

Here is what I think - JIO wants to keep getting more subscribers from other mobile networks and play the long game wherein they have the finances and a lot of support from the current government. In the meantime the other mobile networks will suffer badly. Once JIO is significantly satisfied with its customer numbers, they will start increasing the charges while other mobile networks will gladly follow because they are already bone dry.

JIO has no such intentions of serving the Indian public at large for the greater good. Its just pure business.

Incase anyone doesn't agree with me, thats fine and thats normal not to agree with someone else's views.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock