OTF Exclusive Airtel & Vodafone Postpaid to Prepaid Process (February 2019)

ajgamer

Reaction score
Hey! I've recently gone through the Postpaid to Prepaid Process for my Airtel Postpaid and Vodafone Postpaid Numbers.

I'm mentioning both of them here as a part of Knowledge Base (Wiki).

Airtel Postpaid to Prepaid Process:

1. Go to the Official Airtel Store
2. They would ask you to see the official ID Proof (Adhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID)
3. They will ask you to make the payment if any left (including the unbilled).
4. Will take the request and ask for the OTP for the confirmation.
5. Will ask you to wait for the 3 days max. and the process will be done.
6. Come after 3 days and do your FRC (Which you've to do physically form any shop or their store).

No, They won't take any Photocopy or Photograph.
No, They won't do any sim-replacement for this process.

Vodafone Postpaid to Prepaid Process:

1. Go to the Official Vodafone Store.
2. They would ask you to see the official ID Proof (Adhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID)
3. They would ask you to make the payment if any left (including unbilled).
4. Will ask for a Photograph and the Photocopy of the Document.
5. Will take the request and ask for the OTP for the confirmation.
6. Will fill-up the form (takes 10 minutes) with your signatures and the photograph.
7. Will process the form through their Oracle Program with all the details which would again take 10 minutes.
8. Will provide you the new sim which you've to replace when your old sim stops working.
9. You will have to make the FRC Payment in-advance there only to the agent (Rs. 496 in my case) and they will do the recharge next working day as soon as the process of migration is done.

Yes, They will ask for the photocopy and photograph. (Self Attested)
Yes, They will do the sim-replacement for the process of migration.

P.S.: This whole process is done today itself in my case and I'm sharing through my experience. There can be some exception in your cases bases upon the different state or regional guidelines.

Note: The reason I'm posting it here because there are a lot of not-updated process written over the web which causes to make multiple rounds to the store because of no documents or whatever. This would help you to prepare everything in-advance and go bulletproof.

You will loose Amazon Prime Subscription within 12-24 hours after shifting (migration).

Last edited:
Vodafone Postpaid to Prepaid Migration is done with the FRC also. Will update once the Airtel's done too.

Last edited:
Airtel Postpaid to Prepaid Migration is done after which I went to the offline store do the FRC.

You will loose Amazon Prime Subscription within 12-24 hours after shifting (migration).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock